Parents of the Class of 2013,
Recently you received an email version of our Senior Bulletin #2. Please make sure you are reading this information and please make sure your senior student is reading this very important information!
Mr. Patterson and Mr. Galeener have been visiting our students’ English classes the past few days delivering additional information about the application process for the California State University (CSU) system, the University of California (UC) system, Private Universities and for Junior Colleges. Below is the information your student has received. Please discuss this with your student as it has critical information on the dates of the application process and steps your student must follow for a successful application process.
Mr. Patterson & Mr. Galeener
Grade Level Coordinators
Class of 2013
Class of 2013
CSU: October 1-November 30, 2012
UC: Application Goes Live October 1. Submit Applications: November 1-30, 2012
Privates University Dates Vary
Junior Colleges: Beginning of 2013
CSU Application Workshop: Tues. October 16, 2012 7:00 pm in DBHS Theater
UC Application Workshop: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:00 pm in DBHS Theater
FAFSA Financial Aid Workshop: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:00 pm in DBHS Theater
Junior College: Beginning of 2013
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO BEGIN WORKING ON YOUR APPLICATIONS WHEN THE APPLICATION PROCESS GOES LIVE. WE ALSO STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU NOT TO RUSH TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION-YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE APPLICATION WORKSHOPS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE TO RUSHING AND SUBMITTING EARLY. WE SUGGEST A LATE OCTOBER/EARLY NOVEMBER GOAL TO SUBMIT YOUR CSU APPLICATION AND WE SUGGEST YOU SUBMIT YOUR UC APPLICATION PRIOR TO THANKSGIVING.
- Have your transcript with you when you complete your application and self-report your grades. Be honest and accurate.
- Report all UC-CSU A-G courses taken. Report ALL repeated courses and grades.
- SAT & ACT scores must be reported directly from the Testing Agency. Test Scores will not be included on your transcripts or any other records from DBHS.
- Letter of Recommendation requests to your GLC are due October 5th! This October 5th date does NOT include your supplemental documents such as essays and your portion of the application. You need to follow the DUE DATES each university has for their application. Your GLC simply needs your envelope with the correct information included by Oct. 5th so we may begin completing our portion of the application. REFER TO THE GREEN PACKET-STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN APPLYING TO A 4-YEAR UNIVERSITY given to you during your summer GLC appointment. This packet gives you specific steps to follow for applying to universities and for requesting letters of recommendation from your GLC.
- You must INVITE your GLC on your Common Application.
- Prior to inviting your GLC you must complete the Education and Academics Sections of your application. You then proceed to the School Forms section to invite your GLC.
- Kevin Patterson: email@example.com 909-594-1405 ext. 33354 FAX: 909-595-8301
- Jack Galeener: firstname.lastname@example.org 909-594-1405 ext. 33213 FAX: 909-595-8301
- Make sure you record your current year courses correctly on your Common Application before you invite your GLC. You must list your courses as they appear on your current senior year schedule. You must list first semester classes each class worth 5 credits and your second semester classes each class worth 5 credits.