GLC NEWS AND NOTES ISSUE #11
March 31, 2017
Class of 2017 Students and Parents,
IN ADDITION TO THIS GLC NEWS AND NOTES EDITION, OUR SENIOR BULLETIN #8 WILL BE EMAILED TO STUDENTS/PARENTS IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO AND WILL BE POSTED ON THE DBHS WEBSITE. PLEASE READ FOR VALUABLE INFORMATION.
Here are a few additional items of interest for you to review. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
- DBHS Graduation Status: The GLCs have been in contact with any student, and parent of the student, if the student is in danger of not meeting graduation requirements. This is a “NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS” situation. Based on six-week progress reports, we have met with students who may be in jeopardy of not meeting graduation requirements. At the end of each grading period for semester 2, we will also be contacting students who are in danger of not meeting graduation requirements.
- Financial Aid-FAFSA:- As students start making their decision on where they will attend college it is important that they stay in touch and/or monitor their Financial Aid status with their destination college. Contacting the Financial Aid office of the destination college to ensure all is up-to-date with the student’s Financial Aid package is an important step in this transition-to-college process.
- Appealing Admission Decisions:
When students receive a rejection from a university, we are often asked about the Appeals process. Yes, some universities have an “Appeals” process for students. The Appeals process is for students who believe they have “new and compelling” information for a university to consider that was not submitted via the regular admission’s process. The Appeals process is not for students who simply want the university to “look at their application once again.” Keep in mind that the decision to admit or not admit a student is a result of a thorough review of your application. So, you simply appealing because you believe they must have missed something is not a reason to appeal-We suggest you do not proceed in this case. Now, if you have some “new and compelling” information that you did not submit with your application, you may consider the appeals process.
- Submitting AP Scores:
Reminder: You only need to submit your AP Scores to the one school you will be attending.
- FINAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT SENT TO UNIVERSITIES:
Seniors who need to send final transcripts to their college/university must do so through www.parchment.com. You can also access PARCHMENT via our school website, www.dbhs.org. Look for the STUDENTS Menu on the homepage and click on Transcripts.
It is the student’s responsibility to request/send a final high school transcript to their destination college. Diamond Bar High School FINAL TRANSCRIPTS (Final Transcripts include All grades and a Graduation Date) will be ready to request and be sent starting Monday, June 5, 2017. If you request your FINAL TRANSCRIPT to be sent prior to Monday, June 5, 2017 you will not be sending your final transcript-it will not have ALL grades posted and will not include the Graduation Date. STUDENTS MUST WAIT UNTIL JUNE 5, 2017 TO REQUEST/SEND TRANSCRIPTS VIA PARCHMENT. There is a fee, payable online, to send this final transcript via Parchment.
- Forgot to order your Cap and Gown for Graduation?
If for some reason you did not order your Cap and Gown for graduation….Ordered Caps and Gowns will be distributed to seniors on April 21st here on campus. If you did not order your Cap and Gown, the company supplying them will have some available for purchase on April 21st. Students in this situation will need to have $60 cash on that day and hope they have enough extra caps and gowns to sell to you.
Kevin Patterson Stephanie Duenas Julie Salas
Grade Level Coordinators-Class of 2017