Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
WEEK 5 – September 11 – September 15
Today marks the 16th anniversary of one of the saddest days in American history – the tragedies at the World Trade Center, Shanksville, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon in which nearly 3,000 lives were lost.
During the school today, we honored and remembered those who were lost by observing a school-wide moment of silence and displaying 2,997 flags in the front of campus (see attached photo). Thank you to Diamond Bar High School History Teacher Mr. Ty Watkins and the Young Americas Organization: William Liang, Rhiston Yu, Jonathan Lewin, and Hedric Pisigan for organizing our flag display...“We Will Never Forget”.
Updates and Reminders:
- Seniors don’t miss College Night! It will be held at Walnut High School on Monday, September 18, at 7:00 p.m.
- The PSAT is coming! If you have already signed up for the official PSAT happening on our campus October 14, please come by Guidance to pick up a College Board Student Guide. There is much information to help you prepare for the PSAT/NMSQT. Juniors taking this test are entered into the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program. If you are a JUNIOR (c/o 2019) and have not yet registered for this exam you can still do so by paying the $23 fee in the Finance Department (Main Office) by September 18.
College and Career Info:
- Special Thanks to our Hispanic Organization of Parents and Education (HOPE) for sponsoring Catalyst’s two-day SAT and ACT Bootcamps. The Bootcamps arm students with go-to strategies for every question they’ll face on the day of the test so they can march into the test with confidence, momentum and every key strategy fresh in their mind.
SAT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
Saturday, September 30th, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, October 1st, 9am - 1pm
ACT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
Saturday, October 21st, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, October 22nd, 9am - 1pm
- COST: Tuition is just $175 per Bootcamp.
- To enroll, visit www.CatalystPrep.com and click on the Bootcamp Sign-Up tab on the website’s menu bar or call us at 800.235.0056.