The Instrumental Music and Color Guard programs are an essential part of high school, for the performers, the school, and the community. There is an innate value in shared experiences and the growth and knowledge that comes from artistic group skill development. Diamond Bar High School operates on the philosophy of "The 4 As"- Academics, Arts, Athletics, and Activities. Our programs play a vital role in the comprehensive high school, providing a wide variety of opportunities to all students, regardless of background, ability, or other commitments.
All students should have an education that gives them the opportunity for a wide variety of learning experiences. Music provides a unique avenue to the imaginative and affective aspects of life and their contribution to our cultural heritage.
Performing groups should never seek to detract from the rigorous academic schedule of its participants, but instead to enhance, improve, and augment the lives of all that come in contact with it.
At Diamond Bar High School, we strive to:
· Provide high-end opportunities to all students, maximizing their potential
· Nurture an enjoyment & understanding of the arts, enriching the quality of life for our students
· Help students learn to express themselves by providing opportunities for creativity and expression of feelings and ideas through performances
· Expand individual musical knowledge, interests, skill and appreciation which will produce intelligent consumers of the arts
· Offer varied experiences through which students may become acquainted with other art forms and cultures
· Individualize programs to meet needs of all students
· Present opportunities for students to develop socially and become better connected with the positive aspects of high school
· Provide connections to professionals, universities, and other mentors to assist in the transition from high school to college and career
· Encourage and prepare students for participation in top local youth orchestras and honor groups