Sophomores, Class of 2020
Great first week!
On August 15th we held our Due Process meetings with all Sophomores. All English classes brought their students to the Golden Horseshoe to see and hear the information presented by their GLC's. If you were absent on this day please see the presentation below and read through your student planner.
The deadline to drop a class and add another has now passed. Any future changes will be according to our school policy for dropping a class. You can still drop a class up until the Friday of the 4th week of school but the only option you have for an alternate class is to be a Teacher Assistant.
You may still drop down a level, for instance, you can drop from English Honors to English standard level.
REMIND 'Formerly Remind 101': We will be utilizing this program to send out important reminders to the class of 2020 and their parents. To sign up please send a text to the number: 81010 & in the message type in: @dbhs2020
DBHS RULES AND EXPECTATIONS: Please read the student handbook/planner to familiarize yourself with campus policies. We will also upload our Power Point Presentation when school starts after us GLC's have met with all sophomore as part of our Due Process meeting. This meeting will allow us to review school rules and expectations. Look for 'Sophomore Due Process Meeting' Power Point Presentation.
1. COMMUNICATION: Do not hesitate to ask your GLC for help. We are your advocates on campus and are happy to assist you. Most problems that occur on campus could and should be avoided if the students involved simply seek our help first! Please be proactive, not reactive.
2. ATTENDANCE: Be on time everyday! If you are legally absent from school due to illness or a doctor/dentist appointment, you must bring in a signed note from your parent or legal guardian upon returning to school. Oversleeping is not a legal excuse to be late or absent. Your parent/guardian must clear the full day absence within 2 days. Period absences (ex :missed 1st period only) must be cleared by brunch the following day. Detentions/SWAPs will be issued if they are not cleared.
Parents can also clear absences by calling the 24 hour attendance number: 909-594-1860
3. HOMEWORK: Completing all assignments on a regular basis is essential to success in the classroom. Parents- please take advantage of Parent Portal to monitor grades.
4. CLOSED CAMPUS: You must never leave campus without permission! If you leave anytime other than your last class, you must sign out through the attendance office. If you arrive to school late, you must sign in with the attendace office.
5. CELL PHONES & iPODS: Brunch & lunch ONLY! Not passing period. Not during class. Don't do it...you WILL get a SWAP!
6. DRESS CODE: Please make sure to adhere to the dress code that is on the school website and in the student planner. No midriffs, Non-DBHS headgear, strapless tops and halter tops. First time violations will result in a SWAP.
Get involved on campus. Treat your teachers and other adults on campus with respect. Be kind. Help each other out. Most of all, have a wonderful sophomore year!
Ms. Auten and Mr. Natividad