TEXT MESSAGE REMIND SYSTEM
CLASS OF 2017:
TEXT MESSAGE REMIND SYSTEM: TO JOIN:
ENTER THIS NUMBER: 81010
TEXT THIS MESSAGE: @816a9
FIND YOUR GLC AT BRUNCH OR LUNCH
Mr. Kevin Patterson
Mrs. Stephanie Duenas
Welcome! We have added a few resources for you to use.
Class of 2017 DUE PROCESS PRESENTATION-SENIOR YEAR
SENIOR DOCUMENTS-SENIOR PROFILE PACKET + MORE
Below-You will find many SENIOR documents you will need to access during your SENIOR year. Look for the following documents below-Look for COLLEGE...:
- SENIOR PROFILE PACKET: This is what you will need to request Letters of Recommendations from your GLC. Complete the document online and follow the directions very carefully!! YOU ONLY NEED TO COMPLETE THE SENIOR PROFILE PACKET IF YOU NEED A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM YOUR GLC OR A TEACHER OR YOU NEED YOUR GLC TO COMPLETE DOCUMENTS (SUCH AS THE SECONDARY SCHOOL REPORT). IF YOU ARE ONLY APPLYING TO UC OR CSU CAMPUSES THEN THE SENIOR PROFILE IS NOT NECESSARY FOR THE UC OR CSU APPLICATION.
- COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS & INSTRUCTIONS: This is a very informative packet explaining how to apply to 4-year universities. You received a paper copy of this during your summer GLC appointment.
- CLASS OF 2017 SENIOR STUDENT/PARENT INFORMATION HANDBOOK AND COLLEGE INFORMATION-This is an extremely detailed packet with all you want to know about getting ready for your senior year.
- CLASS OF 2017 SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION: This packet is your source of information for Financial Aid and Scholarships for college. You received a paper copy of this during your summer GLC appointment.
GLC NEWS AND NOTES
See Files Below-Look for Files Titled GLC News and Notes Issue #...
CAHSEE-CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL EXIT EXAM
At this time, the California High School Exit Exam has been suspended per California Senate Bill 172, and therefore will NOT be a graduation requirement. There will still be the usual state testing in the spring.
HIGH SCHOOL YEARS-TIPS FOR PARENTS AND EDUCATORS
See Files Below-College Rankings-Affordability
MATH TUTORING SCHEDULE: In addition, our MATH HELP schedule is now posted below. This MATH HELP schedule shows you where you can go for free Math Tutoring with a math teacher.
CSF ACADEMIC TUTORING: Monday-Thursdays 3:00-4:30 pm Room 602 or Room 606
See Tutoring-CSF File Below
Universities which have TEST-OPTIONAL ADMISSION POLICIES-Check out this link for universities who provide students an alternative to SAT/ACT scores for admissions.
ACT Test Preparation Website-Great "How To" Tutorial Videos
SENIOR COURSE TUTORING: CIVICS, ECONOMICS AND ENGLISH IV
See the File/Link below for details on FREE tutoring by our teachers for Senior Students. If you need help with your English, Economics or Civics-This is for you!! File Title: Senior Tutoring Class of 2017
FINAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT SENT TO UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES:
It is the student’s responsibility to request/send a final high school transcript to their destination college. Diamond Bar High School FINAL TRANSCRIPTS (Final Transcripts include All grades and a Graduation Date) will be ready to request and be sent starting Monday, June 5, 2017. If you request your FINAL TRANSCRIPT to be sent prior to Monday, June 5, 2017 you will not be sending your final transcript-it will not have ALL grades posted and will not include the Graduation Date. STUDENTS MUST WAIT UNTIL JUNE 5, 2017 TO REQUEST/SEND TRANSCRIPTS VIA PARCHMENT. There is a fee, payable online, to send this final
- Seniors who need to send final transcripts to their college/university must do so through www.parchment.com. You can also access PARCHMENT via our school website, www.dbhs.org. Look for the STUDENTS Menu on the homepage and click on Transcripts.