Hello and welcome to Mrs. Ruiz-Emmons page. Here you can find information for the following classes Business Math & Virtual Enterprise .pdf copies of the Business Math textbook . After clicking the link below, you will need to log into your school Google account (IDemail@example.com) to access the files.
CLASSROOM STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
In order to create and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to inquiry and learning, I expect students to follow all the school's guidelines for behavior as well as the following expectations for the classroom:
1. Arrive on time and be in your seat ready to work when the bell rings.
2. Except for plain water, do not eat or drink while in class.
3. Be open and respectful about other's ideas and points of view. Be respectful in stating your own ideas and points of view.
4. Refrain from side conversations and raise your hand to participate.
5. Turn off all cell phones and electronic devices before entering the classroom.
6. Do your own work; do not copy, plagiarize, or cheat.
7. Come to class prepared to participate by having completed reading and other assignments.
8. Keep an open mind so that you can critically analyze and evaluate ideas and concepts.
9. Follow instructions the first time they are given.
10. Respect the classroom workspace by cleaning up after yourself and treating supplies, furniture, and equipment with care.
11. Do not leave the classroom until the teacher dismisses you.
12. No food or eating in class. Water is acceptable in a container.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT MEETING CONDUCT STANDARDS
1. Verbal or visual warning.
2. Teacher-Student Conference.
3. Referral to GLC.
4. Parent/Student/Teacher Conference.
Week of 9/12-9/15
9/12 Lecture Chapter 2 Section 2.4
9/13 Lecture Chapter 2 Section 2.5
9/14 Lecture Chapter 2 Section 2.6
9/15 Chapter 2 homework packet due
9/18 Review for Test
9/19 Chapter 2 TEST
Test Policy: If you are absent on the day of a test the highest score you can obtain is 85%.(The only exceptions are excused illness absences) If you do not pass a test One retake per unit is possible - highest score that can be obtained 70% If absent, tests will be made up the next day in class , you will be responsible for any new information missed. There will also be DUE DATES for retaking any Chapter test.
The same Classroom Standards Apply for Virtual Enterprise
Virtual Enterprises International is a comprehensive business course offered to junior and senior business students. This exciting course will give students an opportunity to plan and operate a virtual business from the ground up. Students will work in various departments, which include Accounting, Marketing & Design, Sales/Purchasing, Human Resources and Administration. Unlike a traditionally taught high school course, the teacher in this class guides the students as they make all decisions relating to their business.
Students will continue to work on their tasks assigned to each department. Tasks are listed on the Virtual Enterprise website. https://veinternational.org/
students will be responsible for assignments on google classroom