DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL – 2019 Commencement
The end of the year is quickly approaching. Diamond Bar High School’s Graduation is just 3 weeks away on May 30, 2019, at 7:00 pm. In order to ensure that the graduation ceremony is enjoyed by all please respect the following expectations for both students and parents that have been set in place.
Expectations of the Graduates at
· REPORT TO THE GYM ON MAY 30, 2019, at 5:30 pm.
· Graduates should bring: Cap/Gown, Keys, and I.D. only. I.D. is needed to pick up your diploma at the end of the ceremony.
· Graduates do NOT bring: Cell Phone, Cameras, Electronic Devices, Purse, Handbag, Backpack.
· Do Not Decorate Cap/Gown.
· Do Not Wear High Heeled shoes.
GRADUATION DISTINCTIONS, HONORS & ADORNMENT
Cord Policy - Students who complete eight consecutive semesters in a single athletic area are eligible to purchase a silver cord. Students with eight consecutive semesters in a single performing art curriculum are eligible to purchase a purple and white cord. Students with perfect attendance for eight consecutive semesters will be eligible to purchase a white cord.
Sash Policy - Students that meet the requirements set in place by approved school programs only are eligible for recognition at the end of the year awards. The approved programs include Pathways Academy, Performing Arts Academy, Brahma Tech Academy, California Scholarship Federation, and Class Committee.
Graduation Adornment - Education Code, 35183.1.
(a) A pupil may wear traditional tribal regalia or recognized objects of religious or cultural significance as an adornment at school graduation ceremonies. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit a local educational agency’s discretion and authority to prohibit an item that is likely to cause a substantial disruption of, or material interference with, the ceremony.
Expectations of the Audience at
The stadium will be open at 5:30 pm. Arrive early to allow extra time for parking.
1. Shuttle Service: Three (3) buses will transport visitors from South Pointe Middle School to Diamond Bar and will return to South Pointe after the graduation ceremony.
a. Shuttle will begin from South Pointe Middle school at 5:30 pm and run until 9:30 pm
b. Shuttle will pick-up at the circle turnabout in front of the school
c. Shuttle will drop-off/Pick-up at the West Entrance (Away Side) off of Brea Canyon Blvd.
2. Admission is by ticket only. Tickets may be purchased for $10.
3. Out of respect for and consideration of others, do not bring any noise makers, air horns, oversized posters, cut outs, or “big heads”, as it distracts from the graduates during the ceremony. Items may be confiscated or will need to be returned to your car.
4. Please cooperate with ushers and supervisory faculty. Seating is first come - first serve. Saving seats is not allowed.
5. Keep the railing in front of the audience clear. Do not obstruct the view of others with cameras, balloons, signs etc.
6. Remain seated during the entire ceremony and until the program has been concluded.
7. Audience members are not allowed on the field until the ceremony has concluded.
8. Do not wear high-heeled shoes, as it will puncture the track and field.
9. DBHS is a non-smoking/e-cigarette facility.
Our goal is to provide the best experience for all our graduates and their families.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy the ceremony!