WVUSD Parent/Guardian(s) and Students,
Students at all levels are now engaging in Distance Learning. To ensure a positive, productive and enjoyable learning experience for all participants, it is important that all students and parents/guardians adhere to these Distance Learning Expectations, which include online behaviors for students and privacy guidelines for parents.
● Always be respectful and courteous to other students and teachers during virtual check-in sessions. Inappropriate, offensive or threatening comments; misrepresentation of identity, and/or disruptive behavior by any participants during virtual check-in sessions will not be tolerated.
● Students must use their WVUSD email account to log into a Distance Learning virtual platform.
● Login credentials must not be shared. Sharing of login information violates other students’ and teachers’ rights to confidentiality, and could allow class participation by unauthorized persons and/or lead to disruptive behaviors that detract from a productive and positive learning environment.
● Students who are disruptive and/or “trespass” Distance Learning virtual sessions, will receive appropriate consequences in accordance with the WVUSD Acceptable Use Policy. Consequences may result in temporary or permanent loss of technology access, which would prevent the student from participating in Distance Learning virtual sessions. Students receiving this consequence would have assignments provided to the student’s parent/guardian.
● Students shall abide by their school’s Attendance, Behavior and Dress code policies at all times
● Students shall not record the virtual meetings/lessons with their teachers
● Students shall enable their device camera when requested by their teachers
● Students should adhere to the provisions identified in the Board of Education Policy 5131. Other applicable policies include (and can be found):
Board Policy 5137 Positive School Climate
Board Policy 5145.3(a) Non-Discrimination/Harassment
Board Policy 5132.2 (a) Bullying, Cyberbullying, Harassment, or Intimidation
Board Policy 5132(a) Student Dress Code
Privacy Guidelines for Parents/Guardians
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to follow the following privacy guidelines.
● Distance Learning virtual sessions are designed for students. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians should not actively participate in Distance Learning virtual sessions, although parents/guardians may assist their child with technology and/or remain nearby.
● Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit in any other way any part of a Distance Learning virtual session, including not posting on any social media platform.
● Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating during a Distance Learning virtual session should not be collected, discussed or shared.
● Parents/guardians should not engage with students during Distance Learning virtual sessions. If you need to speak with your child during a Distance Learning virtual session, first mute your child’s microphone.
● If a parent/guardian has a question, please email your child’s teacher.
Parents/guardians should email your child’s principal with any questions or concerns regarding privacy or virtual classroom expectations.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in ensuring that distance learning is a positive, productive and enjoyable experience for all participants.