Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Hope your week is off to a great start!
We have an important Summer School announcement for Freshman, Sophomores & Juniors:
Registration for Non-Tuition summer school classes, hosted by Mt. SAC, is open until March 5th at 3pm. The following classes will be available on the Diamond Bar High School campus:
Please see the Summer School page on www.dbhs.orgfor details and the registration link.
Reminder, this week (February 25), GLCs will be visiting English classes in order to present our 2019-2020 course registration information. Please speak with your student about this information and assist your student with making the best course choices for next year.
The Pathways Communications Academy is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, February 28, 2019. Applications are available on www.dbhs.org. Pathways, a smaller learning community, offers college prep courses, educational field trips, project-based learning, and more.
Class of 2019 Senior Information:
- Seniors, click HERE for our February Senior Bulletin.
- Disney California Adventure Grad Night tickets will be on sale from February 4 – February 28. Grad Night will be on May 29, 2019. Seniors can get their tickets online or in the student store at lunch. $10 discount for students who purchase tickets online. Once tickets are purchased seniors need to sign-up for a bus in the student store.
- Is your son or daughter interested in Peer Counseling …?
Do they like to help others and make a difference for other students? They should consider joining Peer Counseling. See Mr. Roubian in Room 262 to pick up your application for the 2019-2020 school year. Deadline to submit is March 8th. After submission you will be contacted for an interview.
- Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
- Reminder, Open House is next Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 7:00pm. More info coming soon!
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
·Our Korean American Parent Association (KAPA) is hosting a free college workshop on Saturday, March 2, 2019 @ 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM. The workshop is provided by FLEX College Prep and presents a unique seminar providing up-to-date insider information about the college admissions process for high school students and their families. Featuring Rob Jackson, former Admission Officer from Yale University! ClickHERE to register.
- Cyber safety tips and helpful recommendations for Parenting in the 21st Century are available HERE. These resources are from Sergeant Clayton Cranford, www.cybersafetycop.com.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School