Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 27.
This Thursday is Open House! We are excited to welcome you to our campus and showcase some of the amazing activities and learning experiences at Diamond Bar High. Open House begins at 7:00pm on Thursday, March 7 and ends at 8:30pm. Click HERE for the Open House flyer.
Our Brahma Foundation is conducting a fundraising drive to help support our school! 100% of the donations will go directly to Diamond Bar High School. Special thanks to our Brahma Foundation for helping raise funds for our students. Click HERE to donate.
- Summer School Non-Tuition and Tuition Course registration continues. Please click HERE for details about Summer School including registration deadlines and important summer school info.
- Grade Level Coordinators have visited English classrooms and presented Course Registration information for the 2019-2020 school year to your student. Please discuss this information with your student and have your student share with you his/her course requests. GLCs will be collecting “signed” course registration cards next week. Students are aware of their registration card due date.
- Fall 2019 Registration Process: During the next several days, you and your student will have the opportunity to select the date and time to meet with your GLC for your annual registration appointment. GLC registration appointments will be held from July 8 - August 2, 2019. In addition to sitting down with your GLC on your selected date, you will also have the opportunity to complete essential paperwork for the new school year, purchase your student’s photo Activities/ID card and collect the required textbooks for the upcoming year’s classes.
- Last week, your student received a “test email” sent to theirWVUSD email address to ensure emails were being received properly. Your student will receive future emails with additional information and links to a program called “Sign-Up Genius” used to organize all GLC appointments for the July 8 - August 2 process. Please consult the Sign-Up Genius flyer given to your student in his/her Course Registration packet for additional details and dates.
Class of 2019 Senior Information:
- Seniors, click HERE for our March Senior Bulletin.
- Senior Prom 2019 Info! Class of 2020 Presents . . .
- When: Saturday, April 6 2019, 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Where: Old Ranch Country Club, 3801 Lampson Ave, Seal Beach
- Cost: $90 per person w/ activity card, $95 w/o
- In person ticket sales in the USB room begin Monday, March 18 @ lunch
- Online ticket sales begin Monday, March 11.
- More info coming soon!
- Non-Tuition Summer School:
Registration for Non-Tuition summer school classes, hosted by Mt. SAC, is open until March 5 at 3pm. The following classes will be available on the Diamond Bar High School campus:
Please click HERE for the Summer School web page which has registration details and important dates.
- Is your son or daughter interested in Peer Counseling …?
Do they like to help others and make a difference for other students? They should consider joining Peer Counseling. SeeMr. Roubian in Room 262 to pick up your application for the 2019-2020 school year. Deadline to submit is this Friday, March 8. After submission you will be contacted for an interview.
- Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
- Cyber safety tips and helpful recommendations for Parenting in the 21st Century are available HERE. These resources are from Sergeant Clayton Cranford, www.cybersafetycop.com.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School