DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 29 – March 18 – March 22
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 29!
Our CAASPP testing is coming the first week of April 2019. We invite 11th and 12th Grade parents to the Theater on Tuesday, March 19 at 7pm for our CAASPP Parent Information Night. During the meeting, we will discuss our State mandated SBAC tests (11th Grade only) in Math and English, and the new CAST Science test (12th Grade Only). In order to make sure we have the right venue for the meeting, please RSVP your attendance by clicking HERE.
This last week we had two fundraisers from two of our amazing parent groups, Brahma Foundation and South Asian Parent Association (SAPA). Brahma Foundation held a fundraising drive and SAPA hosted the Evening of Colors. Both events demonstrate the commitment and partnership we have with our parents, and we are so appreciative of your kind donations during these fundraisers. Thank you to our Brahma Foundation Co-Presidents, Joanna Flores and Teruni Evans, and our SAPA Co-Presidents, Rosy Dang and Nina Shah for your generosity and support of Diamond Bar High School!
On Saturday, March 16, our DBHS Dance Company concluded two long days of competition at WCE Nationals in Long Beach. Thanks Mrs. Kari Simonson for your support and leadership with our Dancers. Congratulations to our Dance Company who won many awards and Nationals Championships!
- Medium Hip Hop - National Champions
- Character - Nationals Champions
- Christine Heman - 12th Place Senior Solo
- Katherine Tran - Top 8 Improv finalists
- Grace Chun- National Champions; Hip Hop Improv
- Katherine Tran and Christine Heman - 2nd Place Improv Duet
- All Male - 5th Place
- Small Hip Hop - 3rd Place
- Small Coed Hip Hop - 3rd Place
- Large Coed - 2nd Place
- Best in Hip Hop
- Best Medium Routine
- Top Silver Overall
Our Dance Company concluded competition season this Sunday, March 24 at the CADTD State Dance Championships hosted at Diamond Bar High School. Go Brahmas!
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- This Friday, March 22 is the deadline to pay for your AP Exam. Please stop by Mrs. Cabase’s Office to pay for all AP Exams.
- Last week, Class of 2022 GLC’s showed our freshmen how to use www.collegeboard.org for free SAT practice as well as free college research. They also started working on four-year plans to chart their classes for the next four years at DBHS, and they took an interest survey via www.CAcareerzone.org to start exploring potential career paths. The “CAcareerzone” website encourages parents to talk about all of this as a family so their child can make the best decisions for his or her future.
Class of 2019 Senior Information:
- Seniors, click HERE for our March Senior Bulletin.
- Senior Prom 2019 Info! Class of 2020 Presents . . .
- When: Saturday, April 6 2019, 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Where: Old Ranch Country Club, 3801 Lampson Ave, Seal Beac
- Cost: $90 per person w/ activity card, $95 w/o
- In person ticket sales in the USB room begin Monday, March 18 @ lunch
- Online ticket sales begin Monday, March 11.
Week 29: Activities & Updates
- The annual Doppelganger Film Festival will take place next Friday, March 22 at 6 PM. The awards show will highlight movie trailers, music videos, short films, documentaries and Out of the Box submissions all produced by DBHS students. Winners will be awarded a trophy along with a $500 cash prize for our Eye Opener category. We welcome the Diamond Bar community to enjoy the submissions and a live performance by our Commercial Music Band. Tickets will be on sale during school and at the door. REACH for mental health will also be in attendance to provide information on student wellness.
- Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
I have heard of increased reports of crime in our area. Please remind your sons and daughters to be vigilant and if they “See something, Say something.”
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School