DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 3 – August 26 – 31
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Three.
Congratulations to our Head Football Coach Jeff Reitz and our Brahma Football Team for bringing home the Branding Iron! Last Friday, August 23, we went over to Walnut High School’s Ken Gunn Stadium… and defeated our crosstown rival 34 – 14! (Click here …Scroll down to the midsection of the article…Diamond Bar is listed as #2 Video Play of the night!) Thank you to our USB, Performing Arts Groups, and Pep Team for your support. Special “shout-out” to our USB parent group representatives Stephanie Shi & Crystal Tsao who organized our first night Rally for Football and fall sports! Finally, I am so proud of all of our students who enjoyed the game and helped cheer on our Brahmas to victory!
Congratulations to Varsity Tennis Coach Alexis Feix and JV Tennis Coach Jasmine Silver, and to our Brahma Tennis team for beating Walnut today! This was their first match of the season and a great way to begin the year by beating the respected and formidable Mustangs. Go Brahmas!
Also, last week we held our first Performing Arts parent meeting. Special thanks to Instructional Dean Julie Galindo and support staff Lisa Krueger, Randy Thomas, Teresa Burton, Kina Mattoon, & Jacob Kaitz for organizing and hosting the event. At this parent meeting, our staff reviewed policies, procedures, fundraising, donations, and parent volunteer clearance. Thanks to our Performing Arts Directors Steve Acciani, Marie Sato, Rich Langham, Kari Simonson, Jared Kaitz for leading our amazing performing arts programs. I am so grateful for their dedication and commitment to our school and performing arts students! “Only the BEST!”
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Safety Week – August 26 – 30, 2019. This week teachers will be reviewing and practicing Run, Hide, Fight with each of their classes, participating in evacuation and lockdown drills, and emphasizing the importance of “See something, Say something.” These practice drills are very important and we appreciate your support in order to keep our campus safe. Special thanks to our DBHS School Safety committee, GLCs, and Interim-Assistant Principal Mr. Matthew Brummett for keeping our campus safe.
- The entire staff of DBHS remains committed to protecting our students from bullying and wants all of our students to feel safe and cared for on our campus. For Anti-Bullying Information specific to our school, please go to the “Bullying” link on our website - https://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1403925&type=d&pREC_ID=1579176.
Week 3: Activities & Updates
This Week’s Activities, Updates, and Reminders:
- Tuesday, August 26 – Late Start – First Period Begins at 9:27am
- Thursday, August 29 –Back-To-School Night 6:30–9:00pm
- 6:30 – 7:00pm – Opening Gathering - All Parents begin in the Gym for Principal’s Welcome, DBHS Highlights, & Performing Arts
- 7:00 – 8:57pm – Periods 0 – 6 – Parents visit all of your child’s classes. Make sure you have a copy of your child’s class schedule.
- All the BTSN details including a campus map and activities will be sent in a separate email.
- Thursday, August 29 – Yearbook Pictures 7:30am – 3:30pm (Grades 9 – 11) in the Gym
- Friday, August 31 – Senior Sunrise 5:45 – 7:30am Seniors, you don’t want to miss this event! Senior Sunrise is a fun morning of camaraderie where seniors bond over the shared excitement of their last year of high school with food, photo ops and the opportunity for each student to write a note to themselves that they get back at senior sunset in May.
- Friday, August 31 – Minimum Day, School Dismissal @ 12:16pm
*Note – Click HERE for all DBHS Athletic Events.
- Is your son or daughter interested in competing in NCAA Athletics in college? Click on the link below if you want to play college sports.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School