DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 4 – September 3 – 6
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Four.
I hope everyone had a nice three-day weekend and enjoyed Labor Day!
Last week was full of activities including our focus on school safety (emergency drills & campus protocols), Thursday’s Back-to-School Night, sports competitions (Cross Country, Football, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, & Water Polo), and the regular “hustle and bustle” of academics at Diamond Bar. Having the three-day weekend starting with a minimum day could not have come a better time!
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Attention Seniors! Click HERE for our Senior Bulletin. Special Thanks to Grade Level Coordinator (GLC) Dave Desmond for providing such timely and relevant information!
- Technology Tip! (Email): Students, please use your WVUSD-Issued student Gmail email accounts to communicate DBHS school-related messages. Check these frequently as DBHS uses these emails as one of the primary written means of communication.
- Please use your own personal email accounts (not DBHS Gmail) to set up all outside accounts with organizations such as CollegeBoard, ACT or any other non DBHS entity.
*Important - Our school Gmail accounts do not allow you to receive communications from outside organizations or individuals, so you would not be able to receive any email communication from Collegeboard, for example, using your WVUSD-Issued student Gmail email account.
- Military Service Academy Night is presented by the office of Representative Gil Cisneros on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at Glen A. Wilson High School in Hacienda Heights from 6:00-8:00 pm and again on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Troy High School in Fullerton from 6:00-8:00 pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about the U.S.A. military academies and their highly selective admissions process. Looking ahead, all materials for those requesting a nomination are due to Representative Cisneros by Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm. If you have questions, contact Stephanie Wade firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 4: Activities & Updates
This Week’s Activities, Updates, and Reminders:
- Wednesday, September 4: COLLEGE & CAREER Visits
- The National Guard will be outside the Career Center @ lunch.
- A representative from University of the Pacific will be in the Career Center @ lunch.
- Friday, September 6: This Friday is the last day to drop a class without it showing on your transcript. Please see your GLC by this Friday if you would like to drop a class. You will also need a signed note from your parent or guardian.
- SAVE THE DATE! We are excited to offer our third annualWVUSD Parent Symposium! For more information, CLICK HERE.
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location: Walnut High School
Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
- Is your son or daughter interested in competing in NCAA Athletics in college? Click on the link below if you want to play college sports.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School