DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 5 – September 9 – 13
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Five.
Our Pathways Communications Academy students, Young America’s Foundation (YAF), and Social Science teacher, Mr. Ty Watkins have organized the 9/11: Never Forget Project on campus this Wednesday by displaying 2977 American flags in the front of campus to commemorate those who perished on that terrible day. We are very thankful for our service men and women who protect us, and we will never forget.
Attention Seniors, click HERE for our Senior Bulletin. Special Thanks to Grade Level Coordinator (GLC) Dave Desmond for providing such timely and relevant information!
- Military Service Academy Night is presented by the office of Representative Gil Cisneros on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Troy High School in Fullerton from 6:00-8:00 pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about the U.S.A. military academies and their highly selective admissions process. Looking ahead, all materials for those requesting a nomination are due to Representative Cisneros by Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm. If you have questions, contact Stephanie Wade email@example.com.
Week 5: Activities & Updates
COLLEGE & CAREER VISITS
- Monday, September 9: a representative from UC Santa Cruz will be in the Career Center @ lunch. Thursday, September 12th a representative from UC Santa Barbara, Carnegie Mellon, and MCPHS will be in the career center @ lunch.
- Friday, September 13: PSAT/NMSQT – If you have already signed up for the official PSAT/NMSQT happening on our campus on Saturday, October 19, please come by the Guidance Office to pick up a College Board Student Guide. The Student Guide contains important information to help you prepare for the PSAT/NMSQT. Juniors taking this test are entered into the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program. If you are a JUNIOR (c/o 2021) and have not yet registered for this exam you may still do so by paying the $ 27.00 fee in the Finance Office (Front Office) by Friday, 9/13/19.
- Thursday, September 12: College Night @ Walnut HS.
- Walnut High School Gymnasium (Site rotates each year)
- 6:00-8:00 pm
- 50+ Universities will send representatives to visit with our students. There will be workshops and students can find important college information and how to navigate the college application process. The evening is informal, “open-house” format for students and parents to walk around and visit with college representatives.
- Saturday, September 28: SAVE THE DATE! We are excited to offer our third annual WVUSD Parent Symposium! For more information, Click Here to Register
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location: Walnut High School
Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
- Boys Basketball Tryouts… Friday September 13 @ 4:30pm in the gym. All DBHS student-athletes must be cleared through www.athleticclearance.com or must have completed a Tryout Physical Waiver form located in the Athletic Department.
- Is your son or daughter interested in competing in NCAA Athletics in college? Click on the link below if you want to play college sports.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School