DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 8 – September 30 – October 4
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Eight!
One of the core values of our Athletic Department is the pursuit of excellence. A team which epitomizes this value is our CIF Champion Girls Golf team. Led by Head Coach Tony McCabe, our Girls Golf team’s consistency is outstanding. Our Athletic Director recently shared that this past week, our Brahmas displayed impressive fortitude by winning the Rainbow Sandal's Tournament in San Clemente for the 4th straight year in a row! Special recognition for DBHS Senior Esther Lee for earning first place in individuals and winning the “Big Sandal.”
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- California State University (CSU) application period opens Tuesday, October 1 (Click HERE for more info).
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on Tuesday, October 1 (Click HERE for more info).
Week 8: Activities & Updates
- AP Exam Fee collection: Deadline to pay for your AP exams is Friday, October 4. Please click HERE for more information.
- Varsity FOOTBALL – *NEW Start time. Kickoff is 6:00 pm.
Friday, October 4, 2019: Away vs. Montclair @ 6:00 pm.
Please note: All Mt. Baldy League Football games, with the exception of our last home game against Don Lugo (7pm game time) begin at 6:00 pm.
- TEDx Talks are Back! The Wellness Center is sponsoring the 3rd annual TEDx Talk Event featuring specially selected DBHS speakers who will share their passion and inspirational talks with their peers in November. If you are interested in auditioning for this unique opportunity, stop by the Wellness Center, Room #254, to pick up the information needed and sign up for an audition. Auditions begin Monday, October 14 through October 16 after school. See Wellness Center Coordinator Sandy Davis if you have questions!
- October 5, 2019 – Earn $300 Scholarship!! Deadline to apply for the LA County Student Essay Contest. Click on the file attached to this email.
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
- Is your son or daughter interested in competing in NCAA Athletics in college? Click on the link below if you want to play college sports. http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future
COLLEGE & CAREER VISITS
- Wednesday, October 2 - Boston College @ lunch in the Career Center
- Thursday, October 3 - Cal Poly Pomona @ lunch in the Career Center
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Have a great week!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School