DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 11 – October 21 – October 26
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Eleven.
As we approach the holidays I would like to take a moment and remind all Brahmas of the importance of class attendance. Being present at school prior to the start of the holidays, and immediately after is critical for your student's learning and success. Every year, absences spike in the weeks before and after holidays. Just a few missed days here and there, even if they’re excused absences, can add up to too much lost learning time and put your student behind in school. Please make sure your student is in school every day, right up until vacation starts. Our teachers will be teaching, and our students will be learning. 😊
Speaking of the holidays, this year's fall play, Peter and the Starcatcher is a perfect way to get ready for the holiday season! The first show opens this Friday, October 25 and runs through Saturday, November 2 (all shows are at 7pm). Mr. Jared Kaitz (Drama Director) says, “This hilarious play is the prequel to the famous story,Peter Pan, by J.M. Barry and good for all ages!” Click HERE to get tickets online!
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE!
- Halloween is approaching, and as always, we will allow students to show their Halloween spirit, but there are some guidelines we must follow to ensure student safety:
- Students are prohibited from wearing masks
- Make-up or face painting should be minimal. Staff needs to still be able to EASILY identify a student wearing make-up or face painting. If your face is fully painted, you will be required to wash your face before attending classes.
- Weapons or replica weapons are not allowed
- Costumes need to adhere to the school dress code and should not disrupt the instructional program during school hours. If you have ANY questions regarding your costume, please see your GLC before Halloween for guidance or approval. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to a fun and safe Halloween on campus.
Week 11: Activities & Updates
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
COLLEGE & CAREER VISITS
- All College visits are during lunch in our Career Center.
- Monday, October 21: University of Redlands
- Tuesday, October 22: Arizona State and Whitman College
- Wednesday, October 23: John Hopkins University
- Thursday, October 24: California Baptist University
We are seeking your help to “Tell a Friend” about the opportunities to attend Walnut Valley Unified for the 2020/2021 school year. Walnut Valley will be hosting enrollment information meetings (Click HERE) beginning this month to share information with prospective parents on how to enroll based on District of Choice, Inter-district Transfers, Allen Bill, or Caregiver applications. Please share the attached flyer with the upcoming dates and locations of our meetings to any family interested in attending Walnut Valley. Current families enrolled in Walnut Valley do not need to attend these meetings.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
We have a new Visitor Management system, LobbyGuard. Click HERE to read about the new safety system coming November 1, 2019.
The LAPD is hiring. Annual salary range: $67,546 – $104,024.
There are two written exams to join the LAPD which will be hosted at Diamond Bar High School on November 4 and December 2 @ 6pm. For more information, contact LAPD Recruiter, DBHS Parent and KAPA President, Officer Jinha Kim Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Years of Age
- US high school diploma or equivalent, G.E.D., CHSPE
- US citizen or have applied for citizenship
- Excellent health and physical condition
- Background suitable for employment as a Police Officer
You will be required to write essays in response to questions regarding your personal qualifications for Police Officer. There are no right or wrong answers. Each candidate’s response will be unique, based on his/her life experiences.
Have a great week!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School