DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 12 – October 28 – November 1
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week Twelve.
Friday, November 1 at 7pm we celebrate Senior Night for our Brahma Football team! This is our last regular season football game, and this game has CIF playoff implications. We are currently in second place with a 3 – 1 record in the Mt. Baldy League. The last time the Brahmas made the CIF playoffs was in 2013. Please come out and support Coach Reitz and our Brahma Football team as we take on Don Lugo High School in our bid to advance to the 2019 CIF Playoffs!
Last week our fall play, Peter and the Starcatcher, featured an outstanding cast of Diamond Bar students. If you missed the shows, you have two more opportunities Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2 (all shows start at 7pm). Click HERE to get tickets online.
Week 12 marks the end of our 2nd 6-Week Grading Period. It is hard to believe how fast the days and weeks seem to fly by. This time of year is often filled with a mix of emotions and low morale for both staff and students. Please know that these emotions are normal and it is in these times that real, authentic connection is so important. Click HERE for a variety of resources (from our Wellness Center) available for download. Reminder, the grades reported at Week 12 are progress grades and do not appear on the official transcript.
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE!
- Halloween is this Thursday, and as always, we will allow students to show their Halloween spirit, but there are some guidelines we must follow to ensure student safety:
- Students are prohibited from wearing masks
- Make-up or face painting should be minimal. Staff needs to still be able to EASILY identify a student wearing make-up or face painting. If your face is fully painted, you will be required to wash your face before attending classes.
- Weapons or replica weapons are not allowed
- Costumes need to adhere to the school dress code and should not disrupt the instructional program during school hours. If you have ANY questions regarding your costume, please see your GLC before Halloween for guidance or approval. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to a fun and safe Halloween on campus.
Week 12: Activities & Updates
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
COLLEGE & CAREER VISITS
- All College visits are during lunch in our Career Center.
- Tuesday, October 29: Harvey Mudd College
We are seeking your help to “Tell a Friend” about the opportunities to attend Walnut Valley Unified for the 2020/2021 school year. Walnut Valley will be hosting enrollment information meetings (Click HERE) beginning this month to share information with prospective parents on how to enroll based on District of Choice, Inter-district Transfers, Allen Bill, or Caregiver applications. Please share the attached flyer with the upcoming dates and locations of our meetings to any family interested in attending Walnut Valley. Current families enrolled in Walnut Valley do not need to attend these meetings.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
We have a new Visitor Management system, LobbyGuard. Click HERE to read about the new safety system coming this Friday, November 1, 2019.
The LAPD is hiring. Annual salary range: $67,546 – $104,024.
There are two written exams to join the LAPD which will be hosted at Diamond Bar High School on November 4 and December 2 @ 6pm. For more information, contact LAPD Recruiter, DBHS Parent and KAPA President, Officer Jinha Kim Email: email@example.com
- 20 Years of Age
- US high school diploma or equivalent, G.E.D., CHSPE
- US citizen or have applied for citizenship
- Excellent health and physical condition
- Background suitable for employment as a Police Officer
You will be required to write essays in response to questions regarding your personal qualifications for Police Officer. There are no right or wrong answers. Each candidate’s response will be unique, based on his/her life experiences.
Have a great week!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School