DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 13: November 4 – November 8
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
- Congratulations to our award-winning Thundering Herd for continuing their undefeated competition season by winning sweepstakes at the Chino Band Review! Click HERE for more info.
- CIF Playoffs for the fall sport’s season are in full swing! Thanks to our fall coaches and all their hard work!
Mt Baldy League Finals: Thursday, 11/7 3:30 PM @ Bonelli Park
CIF Round 1 vs. Alhambra HS
Friday, 11/8 @ 7:30 PM
Adult General Admission Ticket - $10.00
High School Student Ticket (With HS Identification) - $5.00
Children Ticket (Ages 3-13) - $5.00
Students who do not present a high school picture ID at the gate will have to pay $10.00 for admission. Check with Mr. Lim to ride the Brahma Rooter bus!
Today, our Girls Golf team won their 4th consecutive CIF Championship! Our Lady Brahmas are now on headed to the State Championship match!
Wednesday, November 6 @ 2 PM: Team CIF Playoffs
Boys Water Polo:
CIF 1st Round Playoffs:
Wednesday, 11/6 v. San Juan Hills HS 5 PM @ HOME
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Mr. Albert Lim.
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE!
- 12-week progress report grades available for viewing on Aeries Portal starting Wednesday, November 6. Grades are not mailed out. These are progress grades only and are not posted to students’ transcripts. 1st Semester final grades will be posted to students’ transcripts at the end of the 1st semester December 18, 2019.
- Class of 2021 will be participating in Juniors Day at MTSAC Community College this Thursday, November 7. Forty (40) Junior students will be accompanying GLCs Mr. Patterson and Mrs. Duenas, Career Center Technician/Counselor Mrs. Romero and Librarian Ms. Chandler for an informative day at one of our state’s top Community Colleges.
Week 13: Updates
We are seeking your help to “Tell a Friend” about the opportunities to attend Walnut Valley Unified for the 2020/2021 school year. Walnut Valley will be hosting enrollment information meetings (Click HERE) beginning this month to share information with prospective parents on how to enroll based on District of Choice, Inter-district Transfers, Allen Bill, or Caregiver applications. Please share the attached flyer with the upcoming dates and locations of our meetings to any family interested in attending Walnut Valley. Current families enrolled in Walnut Valley do not need to attend these meetings.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
- This weekend, Saturday November 9 (9:30am – 11:00am), we are honored to host a Social Media & Cyber-Bullying Safety & Awareness Seminar in our Theater at 9:30am – 11:00am.
- LA County Sheriff Deputy, Louis Denver will share about internet safety and social media awareness.
- The seminar is offered in collaboration with our Diamond Bar/Walnut Sheriff Station, United Abacus & Arithmetic Association, Diamond Bar Chinese American Association, and our very own Chinese American Parent Association (CAPA).
- Click on the link below for more information:
- Click on the link below to RSVP.
- Our new Visitor Management system, LobbyGuard, is in operation. Click HERE to read about the new safety system.
The LAPD is hiring. Annual salary range: $67,546 – $104,024.
There are two written exams to join the LAPD which will be hosted at Diamond Bar High School on December 2 @ 6pm. For more information, contact LAPD Recruiter, DBHS Parent and KAPA President, Officer Jinha Kim Email: email@example.com
- 20 Years of Age
- US high school diploma or equivalent, G.E.D., CHSPE
- US citizen or have applied for citizenship
- Excellent health and physical condition
- Background suitable for employment as a Police Officer
You will be required to write essays in response to questions regarding your personal qualifications for Police Officer. There are no right or wrong answers. Each candidate’s response will be unique, based on his/her life experiences.
Have a great week!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School