DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 14: November 12 – November 15
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday we celebrated Veterans Day, and I hope everyone enjoyed the day and appreciated the significance of the holiday. I believe Veterans Day is one of the best ways to prepare for the upcoming season of Thanksgiving. Thank you to our Diamond Bar Brahmas who served our country:
- US Army - Mr. Kurt Davies (Social Science teacher)
- US Army - Mr. Albert Lim (Athletic Director)
- US Army - Mr. Ken Carlson (Forensic Science teacher)
- US Navy - Mr. Michael Mott (Varsity/Freshman Football Coach)
We appreciate your service and honor your commitment to our country!
Congratulations to Junior golfer, Emma Han, for being selected by the San Gabriel Valley Tribune as the Girls Athlete of Week! ClickHERE for the article. Emma won the CIF-SS Individual Championship! Our girls Golf Team won the CIF Division Championship and is now competing this Thursday, November 14 at Brookside Golf Course & Country Club for the Southern California Regional Championship!
Last week four other Brahma teams (Cross Country, Football, Tennis, & Boys Water Polo) concluded their seasons in the CIF playoffs. We are very proud of our student-athletes and the way they competed this season! Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update provided by Athletic Director, Mr. Albert Lim.
Staying connected and communicating in multiple formats is very important us. Did you know you can follow news and updates on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook? If you are interested, go http://bit.ly/2qK8aUg.
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE!
- The GLC team encourages all of our students to continue working hard as we approach the final 4 weeks of semester one. Students should focus on continued, consistent effort towards their school work. Communication with instructors continues to be very important, especially now, as we near the end of the term.
Week 14: Activities & Updates
- This Saturday, November 16, our Instrumental Music Program will be collecting used clothes, shoes, and other soft items to help raise money for their program. Start your fall cleaning now! The Music Program will be at the DBHS parking lot from 8 AM until 5 PM collecting your unwanted items. Clean out your closets and help Diamond Bar High School Music Program raise much needed funds.
- SWIM Tryouts: We are having swim tryouts November 12 and 14 from 2-4 p.m. at our pool.
- TRACK & FIELD Tryouts: Track & field fall tryouts will be held Tuesday, November 12 through Friday, November 15, from 3:15-4:45 at the track.
- Fall tryouts are for non-winter sport athletes only
- There will be a spring tryout for winter sport athletes in February
- Everyone must have athletic clearance BEFORE trying out
- Please see Ms. Manly in the athletics office for more information.
- The schedule will be:
- Sprints – Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Distance – Tuesday and Friday
- Throws – Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
We are seeking your help to “Tell a Friend” about the opportunities to attend Walnut Valley Unified for the 2020/2021 school year. Walnut Valley will be hosting enrollment information meetings (Click HERE) beginning this month to share information with prospective parents on how to enroll based on District of Choice, Inter-district Transfers, Allen Bill, or Caregiver applications. Please share the attached flyer with the upcoming dates and locations of our meetings to any family interested in attending Walnut Valley. Current families enrolled in Walnut Valley do not need to attend these meetings.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Our new Visitor Management system, LobbyGuard, is in operation. Click HERE to read about the new safety system.
The LAPD is hiring. Annual salary range: $67,546 – $104,024.
There are two written exams to join the LAPD which will be hosted at Diamond Bar High School on December 2 @ 6pm. For more information, contact LAPD Recruiter, DBHS Parent and KAPA President, Officer Jinha Kim Email: email@example.com
- 20 Years of Age
- US high school diploma or equivalent, G.E.D., CHSPE
- US citizen or have applied for citizenship
- Excellent health and physical condition
- Background suitable for employment as a Police Officer
You will be required to write essays in response to questions regarding your personal qualifications for Police Officer. There are no right or wrong answers. Each candidate’s response will be unique, based on his/her life experiences.
Have a great week!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School