DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 19: January 6 - 10
Beginning of 2nd Semester
Good Evening Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year and welcome back to school! I hope your holiday break was enjoyable. We are excited to welcome your sons and daughters back to school and are looking forward to a great 2nd Semester.
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
Our Guidance Office provides valuable resources with comprehensive tools, academic resources, and college guidance for students. Check out our recent publications below!
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE.
- Semester 1 Final grades and report cards will be ready in 1-2 weeks. The Final grades from the fall semester are the official grades which will be placed on students’ permanent academic transcript. Also, report cards will be mailed to each student’s home in January.
Week 19: Activities & Updates
- Speech Contest…Speech Contest open to ALL DBHS students. The name of the Speech Contest is the Eleanor Stem Allen Memorial Speech Contest. The contest is sponsored by the American Association of University Women. Deadline to enter is January 17, 2020. See your GLC for information or go to "Off Campus Opportunities" on the GLC/Guidance Webpage at www.dbhs.org. Cash Awards available!
Brahma Athletic Highlights:
- Our Brahma Girls Soccer team traveled to Walnut High School this afternoon and beat the Mustangs 3 - 0! Two goals by Marissa Vasquez and one goal by Izzy Montelongo! Congrats to Head Coach Matt Franco and our Girls Soccer team!
- Congratulations to math teacher and Head Golf Coach Mr. Tony McCabe for being named Coach of the Year! Click HERE for more info.
- DBHS senior, Angelica Kusnowo, was named Golfer of the Year! Click HERE for the article published about her golfing excellence.
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update, provided by Athletic Director, Mr. Albert Lim.
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School