DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 25: February 18 - 21
Good Evening Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 25.
Measure WV construction projects (Instrumental Music Building and new Science building) have begun! Click HERE for construction fencing zones and walking paths for students. Also, join us tomorrow for our Instrumental Music Groundbreaking on Wednesday, February 19 @ 3:30pm. Click HERE for more info!
Recently, two Performing Arts groups (Dance Company & Winter Guard) excelled in competitions!
First, the Dance Company competed at the West Coast Elite Championships on February 8 at Valencia High School. They are proud to bring home the following awards:
Character - 3rd Place
Small Hip Hop - 2nd Place
Medium Coed Hip Hop - 1st Place
Small Coed Hip Hop - 1st Place & Best Choreography
Small Jazz - 5th Place
Small Contemporary - 2nd Place
All Male - 1st Place
3rd Place Grand Champions
Dance Company is coached by Francesca Lee, Eileen Kim and Jason Lin. Please click HERE for photos and videos by Mr. Cuong Nguyen. Thanks to our Dance Company Director, Mrs. Simonson!
Secondly, our Winter Guard did very well in their recent competition.Congratulations to our DBHS Freshman, JV, & Varsity Winter Guard who earned 1st Place at Murrieta Valley High. Our Varsity Winter Guard is now placed 9th in the nation! Special thanks to our Band Director Steve Acciani and Color Guard Coaches Rob Jett &Madison Vanderbrake for supporting our performing arts!
Reminder, Mr. Hardy Brown II will be on campus on Thursday, February 20, 2020. Mr. Brown’s presentation will enhance our cultural awareness and historical understanding of American slavery by giving our students a hands-on look at The Gore Collection, a major collection of rare documents helping people to understand and explore the institution of slavery through civil rights in America. ClickHERE for more information about Mr. Brown.
Important Updates from our GLCs & the Guidance Office
- Interested in attending Summer School 2020?... Please clickHERE for important Summer School Information.
- This Friday, February 21 marks the end of our 1st 6-week Grading Period. The grades posted in Aeries for the 6-week time period are not official and will not show on your child’s transcript. Click HERE to check your grades online.
- The GLC Quarterly is posted… click HERE to access this important resource from our Assistant Principal, Matthew Brummett.
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE.
- Class of 2021 (Juniors) News & Notes Click HERE.
Week 25: Activities & Updates
Message from our Wellness Center: “Unplugged”
- Teens’ overuse of technology has negatively affected their overall health and well-being. Concerned parents and educators are observing the most digitally connected generation becoming more disconnected and isolated. Research demonstrates that technology is not the issue; it is disconnected relationships.
- The DBHS Calculus staff and the Wellness Center team are collaborating to host an “Unplugged” event on 2/24. Students will be challenged to discontinue use of their cell phones and other devices for 24 hours with the exception of computers for schoolwork and phones to stay in contact with parents as needed. We hope all of our students will participate and discover the benefits of face-to-face interactions with their peers.
Brahma Athletic Highlights:
Congratulations to our Winter Sports teams for a very competitive season! Our Boys Basketball and Girls Water Polo teams qualified for CIF playoffs and completed their seasons last week. Boys Basketball finished in the first-round vs Crean Lutheran High School. Girls Water Polo finished in the second-round vs John Burroughs High School.
Our Girls Soccer team advanced to the Quarter Finals and will travel to Chaminade High School on Wednesday, February 19 @ 5:00 pm!
In Wrestling, Ryan Wong qualified for CIF Masters competition and will compete Friday and Saturday, February 20 & 21. Please join me in supporting our Girls Soccer team and CIF Wrestler as they continue in CIF… Go Brahmas!
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update, provided by Athletic Director, Mr. Albert Lim.
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School