DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 26: February 24 - 28
Good Evening Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 26.
In honor of Black History Month, last week our Council of African American Parents (CAAP) helped organize an important guest speaker for our students and staff. Special thanks to Hardy Brown II for sharing the Gore Exhibit with our campus. Mr. Brown’s message of empathy, courage and hope despite the painful truth of American Slavery was encouraging and unifying. Click HERE for photos of this powerful event.
Important Updates from our GLCs & the Guidance Office
- GLCs are visiting English classes this week and presenting course selection material for the next school year 2020-2021. By the end of the week, all students will have course selection information in their possession. Students will have two weeks to prepare their course requests before forms are collected.
- Summer School 2020 Information…Click HERE.
- Our 6-week grading period ended on February 21 and the unofficial progress report will be available on Parent Portal after 3:00 pm on Wednesday, February 26. Click HERE to check your grades online.
- The GLC Quarterly is posted… click HERE to access this important resource from our Assistant Principal, Matthew Brummett.
- Senior Bulletin Click HERE.
- Class of 2021 (Juniors) News & Notes Click HERE.
Week 26: Activities & Updates
- Thanks to our DBHS Calculus staff and the Wellness Center team for collaborating to host an “Unplugged” event on 2/24. Students were challenged to discontinue use of their cell phones and other devices for 24 hours with the exception of computers for schoolwork and phones to stay in contact with parents as needed. We hope all of our students were able to participate and discover the benefits of face-to-face interactions with their peers.
- Our Robotics team, 3473: Team Sprocket, is partnering with Dedicated to Learning and Friends of Yimbo to raise funds to support educational efforts in the Mugana Village in Kenya. We are hosting the “Sprocket Walk-It for Yimbo 13K Walk” on Saturday, February 29 at the DBHS track from 8am-11am. We hope you will support our efforts with a donation to this cause and help make a difference in the lives of the children of Yimbo.
- Click on the link below to donate:
More information about Friends of Yimbo can be found HERE. Thank you again for your generosity!
Brahma Athletic Highlights:
- Last week, our individual Wrestlers and Girls Soccer team concluded their 2019 – 2020 seasons after advancing to CIF Masters and quarterfinals respectively. Our Wrestlers, Ryan Wong & Soo Yeon Eun, competed against the top wrestlers from the Southern Section encompassing over 500 schools.Girls Soccer faced Chaminade High School in the second-round of CIF. This season, our Girls Soccer team earned back-to-back undefeated Mt. Baldy League Championship honors with a 10-0 league and 15-3-2 overall record. Congratulations on great seasons!
- Click HERE for our Weekly Athletics Update, provided by Athletic Director, Mr. Albert Lim.
Next Week’s Highlights:
- Mark your calendar for Open House & 8th Grade Parent Night coming next Thursday, March 5, 2020! More information coming soon…
- Monday, March 2 begins National School Breakfast Week. Click HERE for information! In order to help our students have a great start to their day, our Diamond Bar Food Services team will be providing Brahma breakfast “Grab & Go” food items at 7:15am – 7:45am in the front of school on Monday, March 2 through Friday, March 6, 2020. Special thanks to our Kitchen Supervisor, Yenny Ong, for helping get our day started right!
- Tuesday, March 3 – LATE START schedule.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
On Friday, March 27, 2020, 7pm – 11pm at Embassy Suites in Brea, our Brahma Foundation will be hosting Casino Night! Special thanks to our Brahma Foundation President, Tom Jordan, for helping lead this important fundraiser for all students at DBHS. Click HERE for more information!
Reuben A. Jones, Ed.D
Diamond Bar High School