Congratulations to DBHS senior Christopher Lai for earning the Southern California Percussion Alliance (SPCA) Ensemble Series Scholarship in the Scholastic Category for his original composition "Autonomo"!! 👏🏼🎉
This year's recipients will receive a $1,000 scholarship, and matching music production package from the Arcadia Music and Arts Symposium.
1) Submit an original composition that has never previously been performed or debuted,
set for indoor percussion ensemble, concert percussion ensemble, chamber ensemble, jazz band, wind ensemble, orchestra, or other creative ensemble concept.
2) Piece will be composed for three (3) or more players.
3) Instrumentation is open to all instruments.
4) Piece must be three (3) to five (5) minutes in length.
5) Submissions will be judged by a panel of active composers, educators, and publishers. All submissions will be adjudicated anonymously.