Class of 2021 Grade Level Coordinators
Mr. Kevin Patterson Mrs. Stephanie Duenas Mrs. Julie Salas
CLASS OF 2021 GLC NEWS AND NOTES
VOLUME 3 (JUNIOR YEAR) ISSUE #15
April 30, 2020
Class of 2021 Students and Parents,
STUDENTS: Your Grade Level Coordinators will continue to communicate with you via these GLC News and Notes Newsletter and via REMIND TEXT messaging. Please tell your peers via social media etc. to read this information and ask your parents to also read this information.
THE NEXT FEW WEEKS: Keep working hard and doing your best with your Distance Learning. If you are struggling at all in any class, please reach out to your teacher first and also include your GLC if you have not been able to resolve the issue directly with your teacher.
Keep reading our weekly Newsletters and be on the lookout for your GLC Video Message #2 soon to be distributed.
YOU MAY ACCESS PREVIOUS GLC NEWS AND NOTES ON THE DBHS WEBPAGE VIA THE WEBPAGE OF THE CLASS OF 2021.
Highlights from the last GLC News and Notes Volume 3 Issue #14 sent out April 23rd:
- Video Message from Dr. Jones and Mr. Brummett clarifying the Distance Learning Grading Format, policies.
- New EMOTIONAL SUPPORT LINK ON www.dbhs.org
- Updates on SAT, ACT, and AP exams and procedures
- Updates from the UC and CSU campuses INCLUDING a Channel 7 News Interview with the UC Admissions Director & the President of Western Association for College Admission Counseling.
ADDED LINKS/EMAIL ADDRESS FOR STUDENT AND PARENT SUPPORT
- Please forward any student-related technical support requests to:email@example.com.
- NEED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT LINK-CLEARLY POSTED AT TOP OF DBHS WEBPAGEwww.dbhs.org. Please access this link if you need support or know of a DBHS Peer who may need additional support.
LAUNCH OF DGN-21 GOOD NEWS
Class of 2021
Share Your Good News Stories
Email Your GLC Some Good News. It can simply be a description or a short video clip of "POSITIVE" things you are doing or events you are participating in etc.
Students and Parents-GOOGLE SURVEY-DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPCOMING COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT OTHER POST-HIGH SCHOOL OPTIONS?
We are asking students and parents to take 2-3 minutes and respond to the Google Survey.
Mr. Patterson, Mrs. Duenas and Mrs. Salas
JUNIORS-CLASS OF 2021 “SHOUT OUT” TO THE DBHS SENIORS
The Class of 2021 Class Officers have come up with a great idea to celebrate their Class of 2020 Classmates. Check it out and participate…
Instructions: Record yourself for 10-15 seconds doing a shout out to the seniors. Tell them what you'll miss about them, how they may have inspired you, etc. Show them some love in a quick video message. Then please upload this clip to the Google Photos drive.
Please submit before Friday, May 8, at 11:59 PM.
CLASS OF 2021 “HOODIE” DESIGN VOTING
Our Class of 2021 Class Officers are asking for all Juniors to get involved and submit your votes on the DESIGN of our SENIOR HOODIE for next year.
Submit your VOTE:
CALMING VIDEOS AND SOUNDS-MEDITATION ETC.
Updates on SAT and ACT and AP Exams/Covid 19:
Collegeboard (Advanced Placement-AP)
AP EXAM PREPARATION: How to Prepare for the 2020 AP Exams
TAKING AP WORLD LANGUAGES AND CULTURE EXAMS
INFORMATION ON TAKING THE AP MUSIC THEORY EXAM
- AP EXAM REVIEW SESSIONS
- College Board has decided that no cancellation fees will apply to tests that have been canceled this year. If you had not previously canceled your test prior to school closing, you will have up until the time of the test to make this decision. If you log in and take it, GREAT! Your hard work has paid off. If you choose not to login, then a refund will be issued. You do not need to report to the school that you are choosing to cancel the test, however by completing the refund form on the AP web page it will make it easier and faster to process any refunds. Please note it is likely that refunds will not be processed until the fall when we return to school.
Updates on University of California (UC) &
California State University (CSU)/Covid 19:
University of California (UC)
California State University (CSU)
We are all experiencing uncertain and challenging times. We ask the following of students and parents:
- Check your student emails often for updates on our school closure.
- Check the Diamond Bar High School webpage: www.dbhs.org and the Walnut Valley Unified School District webpage as well as other social media resources often for updates on our school closure: District website: https://www.wvusd.k12.ca.us/
- Twitter: @ WVUSD_Tweet
- Instagram @walnutvalleyusd
- PLEASE READ YOUR EMAILS AND TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS!
- THIS IS ISSUE #15 OF THE GLC NEWS AND NOTES NEWSLETTER. THEY ARE EMAILED TO STUDENT AND PARENT EMAIL ADDRESSES. DON’T DISCARD THEM-READ THEM!
- MANY OF THE QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE FROM STUDENTS AND PARENTS HAVE ANSWERS CONTAINED IN THE GLC NEWS AND NOTES NEWSLETTERS!
- ALL PRIOR ISSUES OF THE NEWSLETTER ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CLASS OF 2021 WEBPAGE!
- WE WANT YOU TO BE INFORMED!
UPDATES FROM PRINCIPAL DR. REUBEN JONES:
Principal Dr. Reuben Jones’ Weekly Newsletter:
Brahma Briefing-April 27-May 1, 2020
Click HERE to access the Brahma Briefing for important weekly updates about our school.
SCHOOL CLOSURE RESOURCES:
· Click HERE to contact DBHS during the school closure.
· Click HERE to access the DBHS enrichment resources.
· Current DBHS updates, please click HERE
· DBHS SEL resources click HERE
Kevin R. Patterson Stephanie Duenas Julie Salas
Grade Level Coordinators – Class of 2021
This e-mail has been sent to you by DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL, please click here to unsubscribe.