Class of 2021 Grade Level Coordinators
Mr. Kevin Patterson Mrs. Stephanie Duenas Mrs. Julie Salas
CLASS OF 2021 GLC NEWS AND NOTES
VOLUME 3 (JUNIOR YEAR) ISSUE #16
May 13, 2020
Class of 2021 Students and Parents,
STUDENTS: Your Grade Level Coordinators will continue to communicate with you via these GLC News and Notes Newsletter and via REMIND TEXT messaging. Please tell your peers via social media etc. to read this information and ask your parents to also read this information.
THE NEXT FEW WEEKS: Keep working hard and doing your best with your Distance Learning. If you are struggling at all in any class, please reach out to your teacher first and also include your GLC if you have not been able to resolve the issue directly with your teacher.
We are in the “Home Stretch” heading for the end of the school year, May 28, 2020. YOU CAN DO IT!
Keep reading our weekly Newsletters and be on the lookout for your GLC Video Message #3 soon to be distributed.
YOU MAY ACCESS PREVIOUS GLC NEWS AND NOTES AND PREVIOUS GLC VIDEO MESSAGES ON THE DBHS WEBPAGE VIA THE WEBPAGE OF THE CLASS OF 2021.
Highlights from the last GLC News and Notes Volume 3 Issue #14 sent out April 23rd:
- Updates on SAT, ACT, and AP exams and procedures
- Updates from the UC and CSU campuses
- Calming Videos and Sounds and Meditation Source
ADDED LINKS/EMAIL ADDRESS FOR STUDENT AND PARENT SUPPORT
- Please forward any student-related technical support requests to: email@example.com.
- NEED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT LINK-CLEARLY POSTED AT TOP OF DBHS WEBPAGEwww.dbhs.org. Please access this link if you need support or know of a DBHS Peer who may need additional support.
LAUNCH OF DGN-21 GOOD NEWS
Class of 2021
Share Your Good News Stories
Email Your GLC Some Good News. It can simply be a description or a short video clip of "POSITIVE" things you are doing or events you are participating in etc.
Students and Parents-GOOGLE SURVEY-DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPCOMING COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT OTHER POST-HIGH SCHOOL OPTIONS?
We are asking students and parents to take 2-3 minutes and respond to the Google Survey.
Mr. Patterson, Mrs. Duenas and Mrs. Salas
CollegeWise WEBINAR PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
WVUSD/DBHS has made arrangements with CollegeWise an outside organization specializing in supporting students with their post-high school plans and path. Several FREE webinars are scheduled. Please check them out and if interested in any of the topics below, you must register in advance of the Webinar! Register using the following link:
- Creative Summer Planning + Creating an Impact When You Can’t Go Outside
- Thursday, May 28 7:00-8:00 pm
- Testing (SAT/ACT/Subject Tests): Timelines and Approach
- Thursday, June 4 6:00-7:00 pm
- Character Counts: How Character Plays a Powerful Role in Selective College Admisions
- Saturday, June 13 10:00-11:00 am
- Changes for UC and CSU Admissions
- Tuesday, June 30 6:00-7:00 pm
SUPPORTIVE & INFORMATIVE WEBSITE FOR COPING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
Updates on SAT and ACT and AP Exams/Covid 19:
Collegeboard (Advanced Placement-AP)
AP EXAM PREPARATION: How to Prepare for the 2020 AP Exams
- AP EXAM REVIEW SESSIONS
Updates on University of California (UC) &
California State University (CSU)/Covid 19:
University of California (UC)
California State University (CSU)
UPDATES FROM PRINCIPAL DR. REUBEN JONES:
Principal Dr. Reuben Jones’ Weekly Newsletter:
Brahma Briefing-May 11-15, 2020
Click HERE to access the Brahma Briefing for important weekly updates about our school.
Kevin R. Patterson Stephanie Duenas Julie Salas
Grade Level Coordinators – Class of 2021
Diamond Bar High School