May 19, 2021
Class of 2021,
Greetings from your Grade Level Coordinators Mr. Patterson, Mrs. Duenas, Mrs. Salas (PCA).
With our school year quickly coming to a close, we are reaching out to you to provide additional information in regards to your future plans.
In a regular school year, we would be conducting classroom visits and lunch meetings in the DBHS Theater to review and provide instructions and information on several topics of interest. Since we are not on campus, we will be providing you with this information in a different format. As you approach becoming Seniors, we understand there are several things on your mind. Many of these topics are related to what you are going to do after high school.
We want to do our best in providing you with information on what your options are for after high school and instructions for you to put your plans into action. Below is a list of topics we will cover with you in the next 3-4 weeks. We will post Instructional and Informational Video Messages on the Class of 2021 Webpage starting this week through approximately the second week of June, 2020.
Direct Link to the Guidance Webpage: https://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=64577&type=d&pREC_ID=116937
Direct Link to the Class of 2021 Webpage: https://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=698799&type=d&pREC_ID=1132475
We believe that this information is timely and will be very helpful for students and parents as we move towards your senior year and post-high school goals. Important reminders:
- We will provide you with the INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS, but YOU MUST take the initiative to view them and study the information.
- If you want to be INFORMED, you must ACT.
- There is a large quantity of INFORMATION, but there is nothing that you will not understand once you review it and study it.
- Our JOB, Our GOAL is to instill CONFIDENCE in you as you move towards your senior year.
- This is a team effort, please don’t be PASSIVE and sit back, ACT and take responsibility!
- This is an EXCITING time, OWN IT AND ENJOY THE PROCESS!
Topics of the UPCOMING Video Messages and Power Points:
- Options for After High School Graduation
- Learn/Review the many options you have for after high school graduation
- Selecting a Major for College or a Career Path
- One of the toughest questions you all are asked…What to you want to do for your future?
- Collection Selection Criteria
- How to select a college which “FITS” you!
- College Application Process
- Directions on How To Apply to College
- Community College/Trade or Technical Schools
- California State University (CSU)
- University of California (UC)
- Private Universities
- The COMMON APPLICATION
- College Application Essays to be Written
- Our best advice
- Timing-When to work on them
- Directions on How To Apply to College
- Clarification on SAT/ACT requirements
- Financial Aid Timeline
- Letter of Recommendation Process
- Which colleges/universities may require a Letter of Recommendation (LOR).
- Process to follow to request a LOR
- Grade Level Coordinators
Reminder that we are still holding VIRTUAL OFFICE Hours on the following dates from 2:00-3:00 pm. (Zoom Link is on the Class of 2021 Webpage)!
Tuesday, May 19th
Thursday, May 21st
Tuesday, May 26th
After May 26th, Mr. Patterson and Mrs. Duenas will hold A WEEKLY VIRTUAL OFFICE HOUR on Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00 pm. This will be a great opportunity for you to Virtually Stop by and ask questions on any of the Topics contained in the GLC Video Messages. This Zoom Link will also be posted on the Class of 2021 Webpage.
The dates of these VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS will be:
Tuesday, June 2nd
Tuesday, June 9th
Tuesday, June 16th
For now, your focus should be on your health and completing your Distance Learning semester. Once the school year concludes, you can switch your focus to your senior-year plans etc.
Kevin R. Patterson Stephanie Duenas Julie Salas
Grade Level Coordinators – Class of 2021
Diamond Bar High School