Greetings Seniors-Class of 2021,
NOVEMBER 30, 2020
ADJUSTED DUE DATES FOR BOTH CAL STATE UNIVERSITY (CSU) AND UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA APPLICATIONS:
UC/CSU APPLICATIONS-We hope that all of you who are pursuing a CSU or a UC have already submitted your applications! If you have not, both university systems have adjusted their due dates for the Fall 2021 term:
NEW DUE DATE FOR CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY (CSU) APPLICATION:
Friday, December 4, 2020
NEW DUE DATE FOR UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (UC) APPLICATION:
Friday, December 4, 2020
Mrs. Rachelle Romero, DBHS Career Technician in coordination with MTSAC Community College’s liaison for DBHS, Annette Monge-Hermosillo, has just released very important dates for the MTSAC Application Process. Please use the link below for the informative flyer and place these dates in your calendar. Many of our students have decided that MTSAC will be their destination college, others may be applying in case a change of mind towards a university takes place. Going through the “CONNECT 4” process is extremely important if you want to have all of the benefits MTSAC has to offer! YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THESE WORKSHOPS-A ZOOM LINK WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU AFTER YOU REGISTER.
SEMESTER 2 CLASS SCHEDULES-PLEASE REVIEW
It is that time of year, when your GLCs would be making a quick visit to your English class to briefly discuss your semester 2 class schedule. Virtually, we ask that you log into your Aeries account and review your Semester 2 class schedule. Since we met over the summer and reviewed your schedule, the large majority of schedules are 100% accurate and you will simply use this opportunity to check it over to ensure nothing has changed since we met in July.
- If your schedule is 100% accurate, you do not need to do anything-YOU ARE SET!
- If you review your schedule and you believe there is an error:
- Email your GLC immediately and explain what you believe is an error.
- If you are dropping a class semester 2, please email your GLC by Friday, December 11th with the request to drop the course. Keep in mind, students must be enrolled in (5) courses to be considered full time. Dropping a course semester 2 will result in a move to the following:
- No Class if you still have 5 classes after the drop. Keep in mind, some schedules may not be adjusted to 5 classes…gaps in schedules (such as No Period 3) are not allowed.
- Move to a Teacher’s Aide position.
- Move to Academic Support if this class is an appropriate move-GLC must approve.
- Adjustments in schedules which will NOT be made:
- Elective Changes-Unless simply dropping the course (See Above).
- Teacher Changes.
- Adjusting when you have a certain class during the day.
WE ARE HOPING THAT THE MAJORITY OF YOU WILL SIMPLY LOOK AT YOUR SEMESTER 2 SCHEDULE AND SEE THAT IT IS 100% ACCURATE. IF AN ADJUSTMENT NEEDS TO BE MADE, YOUR DEADLINE TO NOTIFY YOUR GLC IS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020.
YEARBOOK SENIOR AD PURCHASE OPPORTUNITY:
If you would like to purchase a senior ad in this year's yearbook, please see the attached flyer for all of the information. This year we are working with our publishing company, Herff Jones, to provide you with the opportunity to create your ad with their easy to use website. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook adviser, Mrs. Stacy Tenace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go to the Class of 2021 Webpage to see past semester 1 GLC emails .
The FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, Application opened on October 1st for the 2021-2022 school year-our seniors first year in college! We encourage all students planning on attending college next year to complete and submit the FAFSA now, do not delay! Regardless of whether you qualified for federal or state need-based aid in the past, we believe it is important to apply as you may be surprised by what your student may be eligible to receive in financial assistance. If you don’t apply, you will not know if you qualify for any need-based aid. In addition, many times colleges may use information available on the FAFSA for other forms of financial assistance. Please consult our Financial Aid and Scholarship Handbook on the Class of 2021 webpage.
Kevin R. Patterson Stephanie Duenas Julie Salas
Grade Level Coordinators– Class of 2021
Diamond Bar High School