Diamond BarHigh School

All school campuses in the Walnut Valley Unified School District, including DBHS, will be closed through the remainder of the 2019-20 school year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are transitioning to online instruction.

New Immunization Requirement for Grades 7-12

New Immunization Requirement for Grades 7-12 “Tdap” (AB 354) Starting July 1, 2011
In order to view this document in Chinese, Korean, or Spanish,
please download the files below.
Starting July 1, 2011, a new law (AB 354) changing California immunization requirements for all students entering 7th-12th grades goes into effect. The law requires:
This coming school year (2011-2012), all students entering into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12 the grades will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster shot (called “Tdap”) before starting school. This includes current students, new students and transfer students in both public and private schools.
For the next school year (2012-13) and future school years, all students entering into 7th grade only will need proof of a Tdap shot to start school.
The Tdap is a booster vaccine that protects against 3 dangerous diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough (also called pertussis). This new requirement will help protect your child and others in your school and community from whooping cough (also called pertussis).
Make an appointment for your incoming 7th – 12th grader to get a Tdap booster shot now. Children as young as 10 years old are recommended to get vaccinated with Tdap. Avoid the rush and make sure your child can start school on time. Turn proof of immunization into your child’s school after they have been given the vaccine. Children should visit their regular doctor or health care provider to get their Tdap shot. Children 18 years old and younger who are uninsured or underinsured may qualify for the Vaccines for Children Program. To find a provider near you, call 1-877-243-8832 or visit:  www.eziz.org/pages/vfc_locations2.html
Some local pharmacies and Health Departments may also offer the Tdap vaccine.
You can check to see what immunizations the school has on file for your child in the parent portal. Check your child’s immunization records to see if the school has all doses on file that have been given. If there are additional doses that are not in the school’s records, please bring your child’s record into the school office. If your child needs additional immunizations, please contact your physician for an appointment.
AB 354 requires students to obtain the vaccine or complete the permanent medical exemption (must have MD note) or personal beliefs exemption prior to July 1, 2011. Any student who does not have proof of getting a Tdap booster shot or exemption on file will not be allowed to start school until proof of immunization is given to the school (Ca. Dept. of Public Health, Immunization Branch 11/29/2010). For more information, visit the California Department of Public Health, Immunization Branch website at http://www.getimmunizedca.org.