Congratulations to the Brahmas Boys Swimming on their 3-peat as the Palomares League Champions; and to Junior David Wang who was named League MVP.
This year DBHS hosted the Palomares League Swim Championships at the Denis R. Paul Aquatic Center. Having the home pool advantage and loud cheers from the home crowd, our swimmers did exceptionally well and won 20 out of 43 events! Congratulations to the following 2017 League Champions and the events that they won:
- Kathleen Gani (Sr.) – Varsity Girls 50 free
- Kelsey Lloyd (Jr.) – Varsity Girls 100 breast (new league record)
- Michael Lee (Jr.) – Varsity Boys 200 free
- David Wang (Jr.) – Varsity Boys 200 IM and 500 free (both new school and league records)
- William Huang (Jr.) – Varsity Boys 50 free (new league record) and 100 free
- Prestin Li (Sr.) – Varsity Boys 100 breast (new league record)
- Emily Hellmold (Sr.) – JV Girls 50 free
- Cyrus Phan (Fr.) – JV Boys 200 free and 100 breast (new league record)
- Alex Hung (So.) – JV Boys 200 IM and 100 fly (both new league records)
- Michael Lim (Sr.) – JV Boys 50 free
- Relay Teams –Varsity Boys 200 medley (new school and league records), 200 free and 400 free (new league record); JV Boys 200 medley, 200 free and 400 free (new league record).
Next up for the team, CIF Swimming Championships next Friday and Saturday at the Riverside Aquatic Complex. Our school will send 18 varsity swimmers who qualified for this Championship Meet.