WEEK 8 – October 2 – October 6
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Homecoming Week! This week is full of activities centered on our theme this year, Happily Ever After. Special thanks to USB and Mrs. Janna Van Horn for organizing all the week’s activities!
Tuesday - Take a Bite…If You Dare Lunch Activity
Wednesday - The Perfect Fit Lunch Activity
Thursday - Journey Through the Kingdom Lunch Activity
Friday - Court Luncheon HOMECOMING GAME 7pm & HALFTIME SHOW
Saturday - HAPPILY EVER AFTER HOMECOMING DANCE 7-11pm
Last week, our Athletic Trainer, Chase Paulson, was recognized by the California Interscholastic Federation–Southern Section (CIF-SS) as a “Champion of Character.” This is one of the highest awards that can be given by CIF. A testament to Mr. Paulson’s excellence as a person and positive influence in our community. Congratulations Mr. Paulson for being a champion of character for our students!
Special thanks to Brahma Foundation President Yara Sands for organizing and coordinating Casino Night on Friday, September 29! Casino night was organized by the Brahma Foundation to generate funds for a new LED Video Display Board for our stadium. It was a fun night of games, food and community where DBHS staff, parents, alumni, WVUSD Board Members, District Administration, and members of our Diamond Bar City Council came together for our students!
Updates and Reminders:
- LATE START Schedule tomorrow, Tuesday, October 2, School starts at 9:30am.
- Friday, October 6, 7pm - Homecoming Varsity Football Game vs Bonita
- Saturday, October 7, 7-11pm – Homecoming Dance
- Is your child a Senior? GLCs Mrs. Brummett and Mr. Desmond want you to mark your calendar for the CSU and UC Application Workshops on Thursday, October 19. Both UC and CSU Application workshops will be offered on the same night, and seniors can attend both sessions.
- Session One (1) starts at 6:00pm
- Session Two (2) starts at 7:30pm
- CSU Workshop is in the Golden Horseshoe
- UC Workshop is in the Theater
- PARENTS – Are you interested in participating in ourPathways Junior Mentoring Program? We are looking for mentors who are willing to give some of their time to work with our students. Mentors meet on the first Thursday of each month from 8am to 9:15am with a small group of Pathways Communications Academy juniors to share work experiences and lead pre-planned activities. If interested, please send an email to Mr. Cage Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org. Our first Mentor orientation is this Thursday, October 5 at 7:30am in Rm. 351. The first meeting with students will be on November 2, 2017.
College and Career Info:
- Tuesday, October 3, Kenyon College during Period 5 in the Career Center
- Wednesday, October 4, Whittier College @ Lunch and theUniversity of Connecticut during Period 5 in the Career Center.
Special Thanks to our Hispanic Organization of Parents and Education (HOPE) for sponsoring Catalyst’s two-day ACT Bootcamps. The Bootcamps arm students with go-to strategies for every question they’ll face on the day of the test so they can march into the test with confidence, momentum, and every key strategy fresh in their mind.
- ACT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
- Saturday, October 21, 9am - 1pm & Sunday, October 22, 9am - 1pm
- COST: Tuition is just $175 per Bootcamp.
- To enroll, visit www.CatalystPrep.com and click on the Bootcamp Sign-Up tab on the website’s menu bar or call us at 800.235.0056.