WEEK 10 – October 16 – October 20
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Last weekend’s Fall Production of Hamlet was absolutely amazing!
Thanks to our Theater Director - Beatrice Casagran, Scenic Designer/Sound Engineer - Jacob Kaitz, Stagecraft Instructor -Dexter Rogers and our Theater Arts students for doing a wonderful production with such a challenging piece.
Updates and Reminders:
- Congratulations to Girl’s Golf… 13 Consecutive League Champions!
Click HERE for info about CIF Playoffs. Thanks Coach Tony McCabe!
- Is your child a Senior? GLCs Mrs. Brummett and Mr. Desmondwant you to mark your calendar for the CSU and UC Application Workshops on Thursday, October 19. Both UC and CSU Application workshops will be offered on the same night, and seniors can attend both sessions.
- Session One (1) starts at 6:00pm
- Session Two (2) starts at 7:30pm
- CSU Workshop is in the Golden Horseshoe
- UC Workshop is in the Theater
- Are you interested in Soccer? Girls Soccer Tryouts are onOctober 25, 26, and 27. Report to the grass field at 3:30 withCoach Franco. All students must have their physical clearance completed through athleticclearance.com. For any questions with your physical, go to the athletic department and speak with Mrs. Manly or Mr. Lim.
- Math Madness success continues! Click HERE for more info!
College and Career Info:
- Wed., 10-18, Columbia & Rice Universities @ lunch in Career Center
- Wed., 10-18, United States Marines @ lunch in Career Center
- Thur., 10-19, Drexel & Washington University St. Louis @ lunch in the Career Center
- Thur., 10-19, Willamette University @ 1pm in the Career Center
- Friday, 10-20, Grand Canyon University @ lunch in the Career Center
- Attention juniors! Mt. SAC is hosting a Juniors Day on October 27. Learn about academic and student services programs offered at Mt. SAC. Honors program, transfer rules, and career and technical education programs. PERMISSION SLIP REQUIRED…See Mrs. Romero in the Career Center for more info!
- Special Thanks to our Hispanic Organization of Parents and Education (HOPE) for sponsoring Catalyst’s two-day ACT Bootcamps. The Bootcamps arm students with go-to strategies for every question they’ll face on the day of the test so they can march into the test with confidence, momentum, and every key strategy fresh in their mind.
- ACT Bootcamp at DBHS
Saturday, October 21, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, October 22, 9am - 1pm
- COST: Tuition is just $175 per Bootcamp.
- To enroll, visit www.CatalystPrep.com and click on the Bootcamp Sign-Up tab on the website’s menu bar or call us at800.235.0056.