WEEK 12 – October 30 – November 3
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Congratulations to our Girls Golf team on another CIF Championship! The team is now competing for the State title! Go Brahmas.
*DRESS CODE GUIDELINES: In order to make sure we celebrate the season correctly, please make sure your sons and daughters follow the dress code expectations:
• Students are prohibited from wearing masks
• Make-up or face painting should be very minimal. Staff needs to still be able to EASILY identify a student wearing make-up or face painting
• Weapons, or replica weapons are not allowed
• Costumes need to adhere to the school dress code and should not disrupt the instructional program during school hours
Thank you for you cooperation Brahmas. We look forward to a fun and safe Halloween on campus.
*Mock Trial Competition! – After daily team practices since September 13, our DBHS Mock Trial Team competes this Thursday, November 2 @ 5 pm in the LA County courthouse in downtown LA! Special thanks to Math Teachers Latitia Thomas & Margaret Ku for their support and preparing our Team of 20 competitors. Go Brahmas!
Updates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, October 31 – CIF Volleyball Brahmas vs Shadow Hills @ 6pm at HOME!
- Wednesday, November 1 – New Gym Floor Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, 4:00 – 4:30 pm, all are welcome!
- Friday, November 3 – End of the 12 Week Grading Period
- Are you interested in Boys Basketball? Basketball Tryouts will be held this Saturday, November 4, 8 – 10AM in the gym. You must be athletically cleared through athletic clearance.com or you must complete a Tryout Physical Waiver form which can be picked up in the Athletic Department. If you have any questions, visit Mrs. Manly or Mr. Lim in the Athletic Department.
- How about Tennis? Boys Tennis Tryouts for the 2018 spring season will be held November 28 - 30, 2017, from 3:10 to 4:30 pm at the DBHS Tennis Courts. Successful prospects must demonstrate effective tennis skills at a high school Junior Varsity or Varsity Level. After selection, there may be individual follow up matches. It is highly recommended that returning players play at least 3 USTA tournaments between seasons.
College and Career Info:
- Thursday, November 2, UC Santa Cruz @ lunch in the Career Center
- Thursday, November 2, Vanderbilt University/Blair School of Music @ 1pm in the Career Center