WEEK 13 – November 6 – November 10
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Saturday, November 3, was the Walnut Valley Educational Foundation (WVEF) Annual Teddy Bear Tea. This is a very special event that raises funds to support our schools. Special thanks to ourMag 7 Parent groups who all supported the event and donated a teddy bear prize. Our Mag 7 Presidents are: Deborah Lin (Brahma Boosters), Donna Houston (CAAP), Vivian Wang (CAPA),Veronica Martinez (HOPE), Yara Sands (Brahma Foundation),Rachel Chang (Mag 7 President & KAPA), and Sarbani Sharma(SAPA). Thanks so much!
Last week, we received the prestigious California School Boards Association (CSBA) Golden Bell Award for our Wellness Center! Special thanks to Interim Instructional Dean Julie Galindo, Coordinator Sandy Davis & Peer Counselor Advisor Daniel Roubian for their organization, support & leadership for our students.
*Math Madness Update: We are ranked 17th in the Nation! Our next competition is this Wednesday @ 3:45 pm. As a reminder, two years ago, we won the National Championship in the “Big School’s” Division. This year, we are competing in the Open Division and are hoping to make it to the “Sweet Sixteen.” Our opponent is George School from Newton, PA.
Updates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, November 7, LATE START – School starts at 9:30.
- SAPA Parent Meeting – Tuesday, November 7 in the PCR
- CAPA Seminar – Wednesday, November 8 @ 7pm in the Golden Horseshoe
- Girls Basketball Tryouts – Girls Basketball Tryouts will close on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. If your daughter wants to tryout for girls basketball they will need to do three things:
1. Interview with Coach McCabe room 656.
2. Get your athletic clearance completed through athleticclearance.com.
3. Show up prepared to play basketball at the next frosh-soph practice. Check the girls basketball website by clicking HERE or visitingwww.tonymccabebrahmastylesports.com to check the basketball tryouts schedule.
- No School – Friday, November 10 (Veterans Day Observed).
- Boys Tennis Tryouts for the 2018 spring season will be heldNovember 28 - 30, 2017, from 3:10 to 4:30 pm at the DBHS Tennis Courts. Successful prospects must demonstrate effective tennis skills at a high school Junior Varsity or Varsity Level. After selection, there may be individual follow up matches. It is highly recommended that returning players play at least 3 USTA tournaments between seasons.
College and Career Info:
Free Tutoring - CSF offers peer tutoring Monday - Thursday from 3:00pm – 4:30pm. Support available in all subjects.
- Monday & Wednesday, Room 602
- Tuesday & Thursday, Room 606
Girls Golf - Senior Crystal Wang and Freshman Emma Hanqualified for the Southern California Golf Championships onNovember 9 with great rounds in the CIFSS Finals. Crystal was state individual runner-up last year and this year she won the Palomares League MVP. Crystal has a verbal commitment to Illinois. Go Brahmas!
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School