WEEK 20 – January 16 – January 20
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Good Evening and Happy Martin Luther King Day.
Monday, January 22 to Friday, January 26 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. To celebrate this week, our Wellness Center will be promoting a variety of school-wide activities recognizing kindness. One of the activities offers an opportunity for your son or daughter’s 4th period class or school club to participate in a school-wide kindness competition. Our hope is that this kindness project will stimulate a meaningful discussion about values, the importance of civic engagement, increase students’ awareness and empathy of others in need. Margaret Mead said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." I am looking forward to some great ideas!
Updates and Reminders:
- Attention all Junior and Sophomore students who took the Official PSAT/NMSQT Exam on October 14, 2017: College Board results are in the Guidance office. If you haven’t already picked them up, please do so soon. We will recycle unclaimed material at the end of the year. Make sure to visit Guidance with your student ID to pick up your results.
- The Diamond Bar Brahma Baseball program is excited to invite you to the 2nd Annual DBHS Baseball Golf Tournament!
- When: Monday Feb. 19th @ 8:00AM
- Where: Los Serranos Country Club in Chino Hills
- There will be a catered lunch and auction
- Cost: $125 per golfer
- $45 for lunch/auction only guests
For information and RSVP, please contact: Coach Hurst at email@example.com
College and Career Info:
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER – SENIORS…Senior Student Athletes-If you plan on participating in college-level athletics at the NCAA Division I or II levels, you must be certified as an eligible athlete by the NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER. Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org. Mr. Patterson, GLC, will be notified by the Eligibility Center once you have registered. At that time, your transcript will be sent to the Eligibility Center by Mr. Patterson. Only students in the Class of 2018 should register at this time.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School