WEEK 26 – February 26 – March 2
Our Pathways Communications Academy is celebrating 20 years of academic excellence. Pathways is accepting freshman applications now through Wednesday, March 14. Pathways offers smaller classes, a school-within-a-school environment, college preparatory courses and career technical electives. Visit your GLC, or Mrs. Julie Salas (email@example.com) for more information.
Congratulations to DBHS juniors, Marissa Singh and Christine Zhou, for being selected for the Distinguished Young Women of Los Angeles County scholarship! Founded in 1958 in Mobile, Alabama, Distinguished Young Women is the largest and oldest national scholarship program for high school girls. During its 59 years of operation, the program has provided life-changing experiences for more than 745,000 young women. Distinguished Young Women has provided more than $106 million in cash scholarships and $1.1 billion college granted scholarship opportunities to program participants at the local, state and national level.
I am also pleased to share news from DBHS math teacher, Jeff Brose, about our talented math students. Congratulations to six of our top math students who competed at “Math Day at the Beach” on Saturday at CSULB. For the first time in DBHS history, they were CO-CHAMPIONS in the TEAM RELAY! The team members are: Matthew Ho (Captain) (12), Felix Su (12),William Shao (12), Qinhong Chen (12), Timothy Yeh (11), and Warrick He (9).
- Tuesday, February 27 – LATE START – School starts at 9:30
- Tuesday, February 27 – Brahma Booster Meeting, 7pm Rm 910
- Grad Night Tickets Sales – February 1 – February 28 in the Student Store
- Show Choir Show Case this Friday, March 2 at 7 pm in the Performing Arts Theater! Our award winning show choirs have been working incredibly hard to perfect their competition sets in the midst of an intense season. This is your only chance to see our show choir champions on stage in Diamond Bar before we set off to our next competition! Click HERE to purchase tickets!
- Mark your calendars for Open House, Thursday, March 15@ 7pm, more info coming soon.
COLLEGE & CAREER UPDATES:
Catalyst’s two-day SAT and ACT Bootcamps arm students with go-to strategies for every question they’ll face on the day of the test so they can march into the test with confidence, momentum, and every key strategy fresh in their mind.
SAT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
Saturday, March 3rd, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, March 4th, 9am - 1pm
ACT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
Saturday, March 24th, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, March 25th, 9am - 1pm
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School