WEEK 28 – March 12 – March 16
Welcome to Week 28.
I am excited to invite you to our South Asian Parent Association’s (SAPA)Evening of Colors on Friday, March 16. This is SAPA’s major fund raising event, which directly benefits our Brahma students and staff. It is a great opportunity to support the efforts of our parents and students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you are interested in attending. Hope to see you there!
I am pleased to share the results of our amazing Dance Company! Dance Director Kari Simonson said, “We had a fabulous day at CADTD Regionals at Woodbridge High School!”
Christine Heman 11th Grade Solo - 2nd Place
Grace Chun 11th Grade Solo - 2nd Place
Isabel Li 11th Grade Solo - 3rd Place
Avery Maroj 11th Grade Solo - 1st Place
Karissa Nguyen 12th Grade Solo - 3rd Place
Medium Hip Hop - 3rd Place, Small Contemporary - 3rd Place, Company Dance - 2nd Place Small Hip Hop - 2nd Place, Medium Coed Hip Hop - 1st Place, Small Coed Hip Hop - 1st Place, Extra Small - 1st Place, Medium Contemporary - 1st Place, All Male - 1st Place, Grand Sweepstakes Award (highest overall total out of all divisions and schools!) Our next, and final, competition is CADTD State on March 24 and 25 at Edison High School. Go Brahmas!
- Open House, Thursday, March 15 @ 7pm (See the attached program)
- Minimum Day, Friday, March 16 – School ends at 12:11pm
- World Language Testing Dates – 3/19/2018: If your son or daughter has some proficiency in a World Language (Chinese & Korean) and would like to accelerate to a more rigorous level, come to 300 Bldg. @ 3:15pm on Monday, March 19.
- Wednesday, March 21 @ 7pm - 11th Grade Parent Night – CAASPP & SBAC Testing information will be presented.
- Summer School 2018 information is now posted on the DBHS website under “Summer School.” DBHS Summer School will run from June 11 through July 19, Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am – 1:00 pm. For full information, including tentative course offerings and online registration dates and processes, click HERE.
COLLEGE & CAREER UPDATES:
Catalyst’s two-day ACT Bootcamp arms students with go-to strategies for every question they’ll face on the day of the test so they can march into the test with confidence, momentum, and every key strategy fresh in their mind.
ACT Bootcamp at Diamond Bar High School
Saturday, March 24th, 9am - 1pm
Sunday, March 25th, 9am - 1pm
This past weekend the track team competed in the Covina Colt Classic at the Covina District Stadium. Our Boys Frosh/Soph team placed 6th overall out of 16 teams. Thanks to Head Coach Malinalli Cooke! Congratulations to:
Kailen Smith (11th) – High Jump
Samantha Blazek (12th) – Discus
Zander Morgan (9th) – 400m
Keili Ishitani (9th) – 3200m
George Rosales (10th) – 1600m
Timothy Lee (11th) – 300m Hurdles
Joseph Nakaishi (9th), Zander Morgan (9th), Damin Sanford (9th),Cory Ung (10th) – 4x100m Relay
Ericka Carpenter (11th) – Shot Put
Ryan Vargas (12th) – Shot Put
Joseph Nakaishi (9th) – 400m
Kilik Ov (12th) – 110 Hurdles
Damin Sanford (9th) – 100m
Joseph Nakaishi (9th) – 200m
Click HERE for “real-time” updated athletic schedule changes.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School