WEEK 1 – August 13 – August 17
Welcome back to school!
I hope everyone had a restful summer break and a great first day of school.
We have a great year ahead of us with many exciting changes.
Many of the changes to our campus are the result of our community Bond Measure WV (click HERE for detailed information and updates about Measure WV), while others are creative projects funded through District resources and community partnerships.
As you arrived to campus today, I am sure you noticed our first major change of the year, our brand new energy efficient solar panels! These new solar panels will offer tremendous energy saving to our school, much needed shade for our parking lot, and were installed at no cost to our District! Stay tuned each week as more projects and campus improvements are on the way.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW BRAHMAS:
- Our incoming 9th Grade Class of 2022
- Lauren Adnoff (Volleyball Coach)
- Gary Cheever (Boys Water Polo Coach)
- Stacy Kruger (Spanish Language Teacher)
- Denise Loera (Instructional Dean)
- Victor Lu (AP Computer Science Teacher)
- Jeff Reitz (Head Football Coach/PE Teacher)
- Jenna Riley (Stagecraft Teacher)
- Rosa Romero (Spanish Language Teacher)
This Week’s Activities, Updates, and Reminders:
- Rodeo Round Up…Come and have some fun at this community event! Bring your family and friends for some food, entertainment, petting zoo and much more. This Friday, August 17, 2018 @ 4:30 pm in the Amphitheater, and then go support Brahma Football in the Branding Iron Game vs Walnut High!
- Are you interested in Drama…? Mr. Jared Kaitz says, “Come on out and audition for this year’s Fall Comedy, Suite Surrender. Auditions will take place Wednesday, August 15 at 3:15pm in room 907. The play runs October 26 - November 3, 2018, with rehearsals starting August 20.” See Mr. Kaitz in room 907 to get more information.
- If you want to join Cross Country, see Coach Malinalli Cooke at the DBHS track this Wednesday, August 15, and Thursday, August 16 from 3:15-4:00 pm.
- For Boys Soccer, all new players must attend a short meeting on Tuesday, August 14 at 12:31 pm in Coach Kemp Wells room 410.
- Badminton hopefuls must attend a short meeting on Wednesday, August 15 at 12:31 pm with Coach Kemp Wells in room 410.
Click HERE for all DBHS Athletic Events.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School