Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 14. J
I hope everyone had a nice Veterans Day, and you were able to thank a Veteran for their service to our country. Speaking of individuals to thank, at Diamond Bar High School, I am pleased to honor and thank the following Brahmas:
- US Army - Mr. Kurt Davies (Social Science teacher),
- US Army - Mr. Albert Lim (Athletic Director)
- US Army - Mr. Jim Salyer (Social Science teacher)
- US Marine - Mr. Ray Castaneda (Varsity Football Coach)
- US Navy - Mr. Michael Mott (Varsity Football Coach)
We are so grateful for their service!
Our Girl’s Golf team is competing in the CIF State Championship! Congratulations to Head Coach, Tony McCabe and our Brahma Golfers who began their quest for the State title in Riverside today. The team will finish their competition tomorrow, November 14 for the top Golf Team in the State!
Our 2018 – 2019 DBHS CIF Champion Golf Team:
Kailie Vongsaga, Senior
Angelica Kusnowo, Junior
Esther Lee, Junior
Michelle Chang, Sophomore
Alicia Kuo, Sophomore
Emma Han, Sophomore
Also, congratulations to our award winning Thundering Herd (Band & Color Guard) and our Math Mathletes!
At last weekend’s Riverside King Band Review, we won Sweepstakes… Color Guard, and Band. Drum Major (Jonathan Tan) placed 1st. Our last competition of the year is this Saturday, November 17, at the Arcadia Band Review. The winner of this (invitation only) competition is the top Parade Band and Color Guard in the Southern California.
And our Mathletes did it again! We defeated the #7 Ranked team in the nation, Paul Laurence Dunbar High School from Lexington, Kentucky. We now advance to the Sweet 16 for Division I Mathematics! Over fifty students competed last week (Click HERE to follow our top scorers) and three students earned a perfect score. Congratulations to Math Team President, Timothy Yeh, our Vice-President, Clara Kim, and Sophomore, Tony Wan for your outstanding performance! Next up, the # 9 school in the Nation, Stevenson High School from Pebble Beach, CA. The match is this Wednesday, November 14 in the LINC at 3:30 P.M.
Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
SENIORS: Click HERE to access the Senior Monthly Newsletter
- Seniors: If you are struggling with your Cal State Application, please join your GLCs tomorrow, Wednesday, November 14 at lunch in the LINC. Our GLCs, Mr. Rich Gonzales and Mrs. Sonja Burns will be available the whole lunch period to walk you through your CSU application and answer any questions you may have. Make sure you bring your CSU Apply Username and password with you.
- Financial Aid Update: Seniors, Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) has a mobile app! Click HERE for more info.
- All Students: Click HERE to access the October 2018 GLC Quarterly.
- Help support DBHS Baseball and Softball pre-sell and purchase your Christmas tree, wreath, and other holiday cheer to raise money for our baseball and softball athletic programs. Click HERE to order your tree! The last day to order is today. Delivery date is Saturday 12/8. Click HERE for more info.
*Click HERE for more DBHS Athletic Events.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
*Parents: Listed below are some tools for Parenting in the digital World. These workshops are offered free of charge.
Nov 14 – Irvine, CA, Springbrook Elementary, 655
Springbrook N, Irvine, CA 92614 Click below
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School