DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL
WEEK 16 – December 3 – December 7
Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Week 16.
One of my favorite times during the month of December is enjoying our student performances. This Thursday, December 6, and Friday, December 7, I am pleased to invite you to hear our DBHS Choir holiday show “Home for the Holidays.” Choir Director Mr. Vincent O’Connell says, “Our students have been working incredibly hard on this show,” and I hope you can make it out to watch them perform. Click HERE to purchase tickets online.
Last week several student groups earned exciting wins in their competitions. Congratulations to our Mock Trial Team, Boys Basketball Team, and Boys Soccer.
- Mock Trial advanced to the Semi-final round and competed this afternoon. We will know tomorrow if we advance to the Finals on Wednesday…so exciting!
- Also, our Boys Basketball Team battled hard and won the San Dimas Basketball Tournament. Thanks to Head Coach Henry Frierson for leading our team to the championship! Click HERE for more info about our Boys Basketball Team.
- Last week our Boys Soccer team beat Walnut 1-0. Congratulations to Head Coach Kemp Wells. Special thanks to Photography teacher Mr. Bill Foley for capturing some amazing photos of the win! Click HERE to see photos from our win over Walnut.
Important Updates from our GLCs and the Guidance Office
SENIORS: Click HERE to access the Senior Monthly Newsletter
- Seniors: Reminder…the CSU November 30 application deadline was extended to December 15.
- Financial Aid Update: Seniors, Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA) has a mobile app! Click HERE for more info.
- All Students: Grade Level Coordinators (GLCs) will visit all English classes on Thursday, December 6th to provide each student with a copy of their semester 2 class schedule. Parents, please keep in mind the schedule your student receives on Thursday is simply a copy of what was provided to you and your student during your summer GLC meeting. There are some students who have adjusted their schedule since the summer meeting, these changes are reflected on the copy of the schedule distributed on Thursday. We simply want to remind families of the second semester schedule for the student. Semester 2 begins on Monday, January 7, 2018.
Week 16: Activities & Updates
- CSF Peer Tutoring…Struggling in any of your academic classes? CSF has free peer tutoring after school by some of Diamond Bar High School’s top students. CSF offers peer tutoring Monday through Thursday from 3pm to 4:30pm. Visit room 655 for help. We offer strong academic support in a variety of subjects, ranging from foreign language classes to advanced placement math classes. CSF Tutoring is open to all students.
- 2019 Softball Tryouts…Tryouts for our 2019 softball team will be on Wednesday, December 12, after school. For details, please see Coach Davies in room 575.
- Baseball Tryouts…For any interested Brahma athletes, baseball will be holding tryouts for the spring season on December 12th at 3PM on the varsity baseball field.
Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
*Parents: Listed below are some tools for Parenting in the digital World. These workshops are offered free of charge.
- Earlier this year, our Grade Level Coordinators (GLCs) participated in one of Clay Cranford’s (Cyber Safety Cop) workshops on internet safety in our digital world. Listed below is a useful article about cell phones. http://cybersafetycop.com/Blog/Cyber-Safety-Cop/SoyouwanttogetyourkidanewPhoneforChristmasReadthisFirst?utm_campaign=Cyber%20Safety%20Cop&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue%20newsletter
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School