Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to week 23.
Though it hurt to see our LA Rams lose in the Super Bowl, last week our Brahmas continued to excel and experience great success. A few areas to highlight include our winter athletic teams, and engineering technology.
Our Boys Basketball, Girls Soccer, Girls Water Polo and Boys Wrestling (Individual Competition) teams have advanced to CIF playoffs!
In particular, our Boys Basketball, Girls Water Polo, & Girls Soccer all won first place in the Mt. Baldy League! As league champions, all of our 1st round games are at home. Thanks to our Head Girls Water Polo Coach Devin Hunter, Head Girls Soccer Coach Matt Franco, and Head Boys Basketball Coach Henry Frierson (back-to-back League Champions!). Please come out and support! Reminder, all games are at home.
- Girls Water Polo, Tuesday, February 5 @ 5 pm
- Girls Soccer, Wednesday, February 6 @ 5 pm
- Boys Basketball, Friday, February 8 @ 7pm
In Wrestling, seven Brahmas advanced to CIF Individuals and will compete on Friday, February 8 and Saturday, February 9 at Carter High School in Rialto. Thanks to Head Coach Andre Bonafe!
Also, for the second year in a row, Diamond Bar high students have received recognition at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Invention Challenge (click HERE to see the results)! Congratulations to Trevor Hwee, Sean Peng, Jay Siri, Kaihao Wen, Karissa Wong, & Luke Zhou for their design and creativity. Team “DBQ Sauce” was awarded the third place trophy for the “Upright Pipe Contest” and a certificate for the “Most Unusual Entry.” Special thanks to Instructional Dean, Gabriel Aguilar for his support of our engineering students.
- Class of 2019 Senior Information:
- Seniors, click HERE for our February Senior Bulletin.
- Disney California Adventure Grad Night tickets will be on sale from February 4 – February 28. Grad Night will be on May 29, 2019. Seniors can get their tickets online or in the student store at lunch. $10 discount for students that purchase tickets online. Once tickets are purchased you will need to sign-up for a bus in the student store.
- AP Fee Reductions: The AP Fee reduction forms are available outside the office of Instructional Dean, Mrs.Nicole Cabase, room 424. The deadline for form submission is February 21, 2019. This is a mandatory deadline for our May 2019 AP exams and there are no exceptions.
- Is your son or daughter interested in Track and Field? Tryouts are next week, 02/12-02/14, after school from 3:15-4:30. To sign-up, see Coach Cooke in room 419.
- Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
- IB Prep Sophomores – Parents, 10th grade IB decision meeting is next Tuesday evening, February 5 at 7pm in the Theater. Click HERE for detailed information about IB.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School