Hello Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to a short… Week 25.
I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed our President’s Day holiday.
On Saturday, February 9, our Diamond Bar Dance Company competed in the WCE Regional competition at Esperanza HS. According to Dance Director, Kari Simonson, “It was a highly competitive day” and listed below are the Dance Company’s awards:
Medium Hip Hop 6th Place, All Male 5th Place, Medium Contemporary 4th Place, Small Coed Hip Hop 2nd Place, Coed Dance 1st Place, Small Hip Hop 1st Place, Extra Small 2nd Place, Character Dance 1st Place, Best Showmanship Award, and 3rd Place Grand Champions!
Congratulations Dance Company and good luck this weekend at your next competition at Aliso Nigel HS!
Our GLCs want to remind all students and parents that the end of the 6-week progress grading period is this Friday, February 22. Keep in mind that these are progress grades and will not appear on official transcripts.
Next week (February 25), GLCs will be visiting English classes in order to present our 2019-2020 course registration information. Please speak with your student about this information and assist your student with making the best course choices for next year.
The Pathways Communications Academy is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. The deadline to submit an application is Thursday, February 28, 2019. Applications are available on DBHS.org. Pathways, a smaller learning community, offers college prep courses, educational field trips, project-based learning, and more. If you would like to learn more about this program, the Academy is hosting their Annual Freshmen Parent Informational this Wednesday, February 20 at 6:00 p.m. in room 312.
Class of 2019 Senior Information:
- Seniors, click HERE for our February Senior Bulletin.
- Disney California Adventure Grad Night tickets will be on sale from February 4 – February 28. Grad Night will be on May 29, 2019. Seniors can get their tickets online or in the student store at lunch. $10 discount for students who purchase tickets online. Once tickets are purchased seniors need to sign-up for a bus in the student store.
- AP Fee Reductions: The AP Fee reduction forms are available outside the office of Instructional Dean, Mrs. Nicole Cabase, Room 424. The deadline for form submission is February 21, 2019. This is a mandatory deadline for our May 2019 AP exams and there are no exceptions.
- In celebration of Black History Month, come to Theater at 7pm on Thursday, February 21 for BSU’s “Apollo Night!” Apollo Night is a fun-filled evening of entertainment and recognition. Tickets are sold at the door, $4 for students and $6 for adults.
- Click HERE for this week’s Athletic update from Athletic Director, Albert Lim.
In this section of my Principal’s Memo, you will find valuable resources and opportunities offered through our parent groups and community partnerships.
Reuben A. Jones
Diamond Bar High School