Pathways Communication Academy, a learning community with rich and rigorous communication skills training, will provide a personalized education to prepare students for post-secondary life. Student's academic and personal potential will be obtained through standards-based curriculum, common core practices and meaningful life experiences in and beyond the classroom. Working in partnership with parents and the local community, the Pathways staff will develop student's college and career readiness skills as they prepare to be citizens of the 21st century.
Students who graduate from the Pathways Communication Academy will:
• Be prepared for college/work
• Learn to build close community with other students and teacher
• Incorporate real world experiences into high school education
• Experience hands-on application of all modern communications media and integrate this with academic classes
• Explore issues of social justice, social change and social responsibility
• Plan not only for college but for life