Diamond BarHigh School

Assembly Schedule - Tues, January 28               Last Day To Drop A Class - Fri, January 31               Late Start Schedule - Tues, February 11               Instrumental Music Building Ground Breaking - Wed, February 19              


Welcome to the Walnut Valley Unified School District. We are very proud of our schools and have high expectations that your children will enjoy and benefit from their experiences here. We are required to enroll students whose parents or legal guardians reside within the district boundaries. In order to verify legal residency we require the following documentation:
1) If student is living with parent(s) --
     a) either a close of escrow paper, monthly mortgage statement, current year's property tax statement,
         rental/lease agreement or current month rental receipt and
     b) a current utility bill or utility turn-on receipt (gas, water or electric) , and
     c) a DMV Form (driver's license or California I.D.) with current address, and
     d) a form of student identification (with name, date of birth, photo, etc.)
2) If student is living with a guardian --
    a) Same residency proof as for parents in #1 above plus proof of legal guardianship. (Note: legal
        guardianships can only be obtained through a court of law.)
    b) If student is living with a relative and legal guardianship has not been obtained, a "Caregiver's
        Authorization Affidavit" form must be completed. Proof of the existence of a short term family                        hardship requiring the student to live with the relative may be necessary.
3) If the student's family moves into the home of another family --
     a) Declaration of Residency documents (Part I and Part II) are required. The family with proof of residence
         must meet the requirements of #1 above. If a family has a child already enrolled in the Walnut Valley
         Unified School District, a current utility bill is required as proof of continued residency.
If you would like your child/children to attend Diamond Bar High School but you live outside of the school's service boundary, you will need to acquire an interdistrict transfer from the district where you reside. Children cannot be enrolled in schoos of the Walnut Valley Unified School District unless proof of residency requirements are met or an intradistrict transfer has been obtained and approved. If you have concerns or if we can be of assistance to you, please call our registrar, Myoung Han, at (909) 594-1405.