* With the cancellation of many campus tours and outreach events, many universities are shifting to virtual tours and online outreach efforts. Please visit the websites of these universities to see all they are doing. In addition, make sure to read all correspondences received via email and check student portals for deadlines, to-do lists, and/or next steps. You have worked too hard to jeopardize admittance due to missing deadlines.
Many campus offices are closed but they are checking emails. Now more than ever you need to be checking emails and looking to university websites as they are making updates frequently.
See below for student opportunities off-campus. Below you will find links to college campus visits, internships, summer opportunities, and more. Please check back regularly for updates.
Blue Ocean Student Entrepreneur Pitch Competition. Pitches are due (submitted virtually) by February 19, 2021. Students must first register on our website. Submissions are due by February 19, 2021 and winners are announced April 19, 2021 https://blueoceancompetition.org/#_swtrackwid
Cal State Los Angeles Early Entrance Program is for high school students who must be under the age of 16 by June 1st of the year in which they apply. EEP students, upon graduating from high school, pursue their baccalaureate degrees as full-time students at Cal State LA. The EEP IS NOT A TRANSFER PROGRAM. Students are expected to earn their degrees at this University. To find out more about the EEP please visit our website at http://www.calstatela.edu/academic/eep.
Please also feel free to contact the EEP office at 323-343-2287 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eve And Gene Black Summer Medical Career Program 2021 Online.
• Medical Mentor/Internship Program: Participants will attend daily online sessions with presentations/interactive sessions from a variety of general pediatricians, specialists including surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, infectious disease, ophthalmologists, radiologists, child life, therapists, (i.e., physical, speech, occupational, or cognitive). https://lapedsoc.org/summer-program/
• This program is ONLY open to qualified students from Los Angeles and its adjacent counties.
• Age & Grade Requirement: Applications are accepted from high school students who are currently in the 11th or 12th grade AND born on or before 7/1/05.
• Program Session Times/Dates: Session 1: July 5-15, Monday – Thursday - 10 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Session 2: July 19-29, Monday – Thursday - 10 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
• Application Deadline: Deadline for applying: Monday, March 15, 2021 at midnight
John Hopkins Biomedical Engineering Innovation. Summer Program. BMEI online. Created by Johns Hopkins faculty, this fully online course is designed to be equally challenging, collaborative, interactive as it is fun. Students will model human efficiency, the cardiovascular system, and design experiments to test these models and more. And students have the opportunity to earn college credit. https://ei.jhu.edu/apply/application-materials/
Money Mentor. Money Mentor is a division of CommonBon, Inc., a higher education financing company that provides student loan refinancing, origination, and employee benefits. https://www.money-mentor.com/
Notre Dame Pre-College Programs: Application Open. A few different programs with different deadlines.
TeensVolunteer.org, which helps California teens find volunteer opportunities. The site is free and lists more than 600 opportunities, including ones conducted in-person in the Los Angeles area and ones conducted virtually. https://teensvolunteer.org/
Theodore Roosevelt Public Speaking Contest. Speech Topic: Why Theodore Roosevelt matters in the 21st century. Grand Prize is $2,500 with a scholarship awarded as well to Long Island University. Deadline is March 1st. https://liu.edu/roosevelt/contest
University of California (UC) List of all k-12 UC programs
UCI Division of Continuing Education. Taught by UCI faculty and industry professionals, high school students can benefit from hands-on learning to advance academic and professional skills in a variety of interests. What a great way to gain a college experience, enhance their college resumé, and explore an area of study. https://ce.uci.edu/emails/highschool/highschool_202011.html
University of Delaware's summer college program, Edge program is a five-week, credit-bearing college experience held July 11 – Aug. 14, 2021. Edge is designed for high school students moving into their junior and senior years. Students in Edge will have the opportunity to attend college courses taught by University of Delaware faculty, participate in on- and off-campus curricular and co-curricular activities, and live in a UD residence hall. Deadline April 1st. https://www.udel.edu/apply/undergraduate-admissions/precollege-programs/edge/
USC summer course options. Courses will run from June 13 to July 10, 2021. We will open our application in January and will provide details on planned course delivery at that time — on campus and/or online. Program details, including daily schedules, will be posted to the website throughout the coming months.
Be sure and sign up for our mailing list to be notified of program updates and when the application is available.
If you have any questions or would like to connect to Summer Programs staff, please reach out to email@example.com.
Youth Leadership Conference on Asian Pacific Islander Health application is now open. Hosted by Asian Liver Center at Stanford University, this virtual conference will be held at no cost for participants from Wednesday August 4 - Saturday August 7, 2021.
Western Association for College Admission Counseling will be partnering with StriveScan to host multiple virtual fairs in place of our in-person events this spring.
Virtual College Fairs
For all students throughout California & Nevada
Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 5:00 - 7:45 PM Pacific Time (Pre-session workshops begin at 4:00 PM)
Sunday, March 14, 2021, 1:00 - 3:45 PM Pacific Time (Pre-session workshops begin at 12:00 PM)
Monday, April 19, 2021, 5:00 - 7:45 PM Pacific Time (Pre-session workshops begin at 4:00 PM)